10 foot table 9 ball high run?

Zerksies

Honestly i would love to practice on a ten footer. It's like going from pool hall to a bar table

SFC9ball

JimBaker PBIA Instructor
Silver Member
I don't know about a 10 ft table, but I watched Justin Bergman run 18 racks in a race to 50 spotting the kid 25 games. Justin would have run more but he quite the soft break and started smashing the break losing control of the one ball.

Lynch

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know you mentioned 9ball, but I think I remember Morra ran a decent package gambling with Oscar some years back at the derby Bigfoot Challenge on the 10' table. I think it was just prior to the tourney and I think it was 10ball and not 9ball? Pretty sure Morra ran like a 5 pack, which I thought was very strong for the 10' table. I'm assuming one of the old greats put up a much bigger 9ball package years ago when the 10' was more popular, but just don't know. I would think a guy like Fedor, Filler, or Chang could run an 8 pack plus of 9ball on a 10' with a template rack. Would need someone with great fundamentals, that plays simple patterns, and shoots really straight to put up a real high package on the 10' I would think. Interesting question.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I've never seen more than a five pack on the ten-footer playing ten-ball. If memory serves, the last one I saw was by JL Chang.

Nobody's quite sure about the nine-foot record, either. Although Niels Feijen's fifteen pack in 2003 (I think) is well documented and was even reported in AZB headline news, Jay Helfert and I are both aware of a package attributed to Lassiter in his prime. Jay said it was a 19 pack and I had heard it was a 21 pack. I fear we'll never know.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is there any record of a 9 ball high run on a 10 foot table?
Past or present?
To clarify, does it have to have occurred in a tournament or at least a high stakes $ matchup with numerous witnesses to qualify for this record, or can a witnessed practice session suffice? Huge difference.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To clarify, does it have to have occurred in a tournament or at least a high stakes $ matchup with numerous witnesses to qualify for this record, or can a witnessed practice session suffice? Huge difference.
Practice,tournament or money game doesn't matter to me.

pw98

Registered
I've run a 2 pack of 9-ball on a 10 footer with 5 inch pockets. The pocket size is what really makes the difference in difficulty....

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My high run on a 9’ table is less than 40 balls…..couldn’t get past that 3rd rack in straight pool.

On a 10’ table, it’s only 25 balls. Until you actually compete on a 10’ table, not just practice but
play competitively in a match or tournament where something is on the line, you really haven’t
any appreciation for the added difficulty. Cue ball speed is so much harder to attain shape and
long rail bank shots are much more difficult. The 10’ table distinguishes the skills of a pool player.

It is where grand champions played and I wish it was more popular……the harder the better is
why I prefer smaller, tight pockets on 9’ tables and really dislike 7’ tables. 10’ tables are the best.