14-1 race to 1000, Stephan Cohen vs Nick van den Berg

Roy Steffensen

locksmith
Silver Member
From Nick van den Berg's facebook:
What an experience. Played my first race to 1000 in straight pool against Stephan Cohen (former world 14.1 champion). I started of very strong but in the end i was struggling with concentration due to fatique ;). Stephan came back on me but fell just a little short. Score 1000-849 in 22 innings. Notable runs over 50: Nick: 130-73-106-100-168-55. Stephan: 54-51-67-73-74-102-73-75.

The European Championships are coming up in about a week, so guess they were practising for that

The European Championships will have TWENTY livestream tables, and I think all matches in 14-1, 8-ball, 10-ball and 9-ball in all divisions (men, women, wheelchair), will be streamed.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Roy,

That is awesome.....Hopefully my internet is up and running by then !!!

Thanks
-Steve

Vahmurka

...and I get all da rolls
Silver Member
Roy you have just reminded me I won't have time to follow the matches in the same manner I did last year :( Huh.
14.1 event will have fascinating matches as usual, food for thought!

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
That's some crazy shooting and the average is amazing!! :cool:

There is a comment in the same thread about Oliver Ortmann, I presume this happened many years ago:
"Sascha Becker: the sickest straight pool i ever heard of in a race to 1000 was from Oliver Ortmann. It was over in 8 innings ! that was when he had his high run of 326 ! Still, sick to run 674 in 7 other innings ! LOL"