14.1 world champions play at amsterdam billiards august 27

Michael Fedak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On Saturday, August 27th, the public is invited to Amsterdam Billiards in New York City to see a ONE DAY 14.1 tournament featuring many of the greatest straight pool players in the world. ADMISSION IS FREE for this chance to watch close-up top players and past world champions competing for $4,000 added in the intimate atmosphere of the Amsterdam Billiard Club. World Champion Allen Hopkins (1977), Thorsten Hohmann (2006), Oliver Ortmann (2007, 2010), Neils Feijen (2008) and Stephan Cohen (2009) will join Mika Immonen and noted American players John Schmidt, Johnny Archer, Rodney Morris and Tony Robles in this field of 16. It is a prelude to the World 14.1 Tournament which begins the following day across the river at the Hyatt Regency in New Brunswick , New Jersey.
Play begins at 12:00 noon. See the full story in the item on the AZ headline thread.

cityboy

Registered
Kudos to Greg Hunt and Amsterdam Billiards for holding this event.
This is a real treat for the NYC 14.1 communtiy.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
And Kudos to Michael Fedak for putting some of the cash up for this event and most of the cash for the other event across the river which drew most of these players to the area! :thumbup:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
You know damn right I won't miss this for the world. This is a great primer event for the one that happens on the other side of the puddle !!!!!

Cya there and thanks
Steve

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Isn't there also a qualifier for the championships at Amsterdam that weekend ?

Michael Fedak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually, the qualifier at Amsterdam is a week earlier on August 20-21.
It will be run, refereed and humor-injected for Amsterdam by the initimable, wise-cracking Danny Barouty......which alone will make it worth the entry fee.
Additionally, there will be $1,000 in added prize money for the amateurs (only) in this event.
Yours truly (hacker extraordinaire) has paid his fee....so some lucky participant is guaranteed an easy match into the 2nd round.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Fedack I am honored to be playing in both the warm up event at Amsterdam the 27th and to be playing in the World Event as well. I just wanted to say a heartfelt thank you for everything you do in the name of the game of 14.1

koreandragon

Banned
Gold Member
Actually, the qualifier at Amsterdam is a week earlier on August 20-21.
It will be run, refereed and humor-injected for Amsterdam by the initimable, wise-cracking Danny Barouty......which alone will make it worth the entry fee.
Additionally, there will be $1,000 in added prize money for the amateurs (only) in this event.
Yours truly (hacker extraordinaire) has paid his fee....so some lucky participant is guaranteed an easy match into the 2nd round.

Good luck Michael! if you win the qualifier maybe ull draw into my bracket

billlaur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
14.1 championship

What time does play begin on Sunday at the hyatt regency in NEW BRUNSWICK?
hOW MANY SESSIONS WILL THERE BE ON SUNDAY 8/28/11,AS i AM PLANNING ON A GROUP TO ATTEND..
tHANKS

Chris_Lynch

I play pool
Silver Member
The players meeting for the World Championship is at Noon on Sunday with the first round scheduled to kick off at 1:30pm. That is all I know. Rounds are usually an hour and a half apart. That's all I know.

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
The players meeting for the World Championship is at Noon on Sunday with the first round scheduled to kick off at 1:30pm. That is all I know. Rounds are usually an hour and a half apart. That's all I know.

Chris: I think Charlie said it was changed to first matches at 3:00 p.m.
Can't find where he said it though.

Dennis

DP.News

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Warm up is now on Sunday aug 28 at 3pm at the Hyatt. All players and even fans can play!