1930's Titlist done by Andy Gilbert

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the nice comments. This one turned out great in so many ways. The points and the veneers are nearly dead even in both directions. He book-matched the rosewood above and below the ebony band in the butt. The inlay work is excellent, of course. He dialed the weight and balance in right on the money. The straight grain maple in the forearm actually has a lot of "curly lights" in it.
Really happy with it. Nobody more pleasant to deal with than Andy & Vicki.

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Thanks for the nice comments. This one turned out great in so many ways. The points and the veneers are nearly dead even in both directions. He book-matched the rosewood above and below the ebony band in the butt. The inlay work is excellent, of course. He dialed the weight and balance in right on the money. The straight grain maple in the forearm actually has a lot of "curly lights" in it.
Really happy with it. Nobody more pleasant to deal with than Andy & Vicki.

The cue came out magnificent! And you are correct, Andy and Vicki Gilbert are world class people as well as artisans.

Will Prout

mdavis228

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks, Sean. Knew you'd love it when you got a chance to see it:)
Yes, it's piloted 5/16-14.

UPlayLucky

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just got this a few days ago. Per usual, Andy & Vicki hit it outta the park.
From 1930's vintage blank I got on here from jacobyguy. 3rd from left in the first pic.
Really happy with it. I'm NOT a photog... Pics won't do justice.
View attachment 379727

From the same batch of blanks, 2nd from the left.

Titliest_cue.jpg

bob b.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen this cue in person. I'll be seeing it every thurs. night...:). Chris plays awesome with his new looker....great looking cue!

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
Wow this butt sleeve looks really good, might be the nicest conversion I've seen. Really smart way of using the blank too.