1994 Pro Tournament at Riviera

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
I recently purchased a table which was used in the finals of a tournament at Riviera in 1994. Unfortunately we haven't been able to remember what tournament it was. It was held during the BCA North American Championships that year. I have been googling it a bit but am having no luck.

Does anyone remember?

Thanks!!

Ken

p.s. Picture of table as we finished it last night is here

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Is that one of the "Diamond" tables before they were Diamond tables?

I am pretty sure this was the first time a Diamond table was used for a professional event but I am going on second hand information. Take it for what it is. :)

Ken

John Novak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recently purchased a table which was used in the finals of a tournament at Riviera in 1994. Unfortunately we haven't been able to remember what tournament it was. It was held during the BCA North American Championships that year. I have been googling it a bit but am having no luck.

Does anyone remember?

Thanks!!

Ken

p.s. Picture of table as we finished it last night is here

Ken give Pat Fleming a call at 1-800-828-0397 He was doing the video for all the pro events. If anyone would know it would be him....Tell him I said Hi

phil dade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Camel Tour Riviera

The Camel Pro Billiards Tour had a pro 8 ball Tournament at the Riviera in August. I had shoe shows at the same time and would attend a few matches.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
The Camel Pro Billiards Tour had a pro 8 ball Tournament at the Riviera in August. I had shoe shows at the same time and would attend a few matches.

Ahhh

I am pretty sure this one was in May during the BCA tournament

Thanks!

Ken

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I am pretty sure this was the first time a Diamond table was used for a professional event but I am going on second hand information. Take it for what it is. :)

Ken

1989...Valley Forge....Diamond tables were used, first time I played on one.
Joe Kerr was tournament director....Allen Hopkins won it.

It became the SBE later.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
1989...Valley Forge....Diamond tables were used, first time I played on one.
Joe Kerr was tournament director....Allen Hopkins won it.

It became the SBE later.

I knew if I laid it out there I would find out pretty quick!

Thank you for the information! I am pretty excited to have a 9 footer at the house! Kid and his toy! lol

Ken

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in 93 Mary put a Diamond table in CueTopia in Vegas, it had real deep pockets. I played on it a few times. I moved to Beverly Hills on Sept 13, 1993 to work in a telemarketing gig. I remember the date vividly. I did go out to Vegas for that tourney but was only there briefly and dont remember that table, I was there very late at night to meet up with someone.

The Youtube video in this thread looks right to me, Earl was 100% using the florescent light cue-tec cue, he won the mil with that cue or one that looked just like it BTW.

Cool table, Id love to see a pic straight down on the pocket, Greg has came a very long way since then, wow.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By golly I think you got it! They must have put different a skirt on before selling it. Obviously mine does not have the white lettering on it.

Thank you!

Ken

i think thats vinyl lettering, the diamond tables at Mickeys cues & brews in vegas had the IPT letters on them, if the light hits them right you can see where they were. This was a few years ago, so perhaps not now, but often skirts on tables in big events have temporary adverts on them.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
i think thats vinyl lettering, the diamond tables at Mickeys cues & brews in vegas had the IPT letters on them, if the light hits them right you can see where they were. This was a few years ago, so perhaps not now, but often skirts on tables in big events have temporary adverts on them.

That makes sense! I will see if I can see it. :)

Ken