1998 Huebler cue info wanted

Bogey

Registered
I bought this cue in a second hand store more than ten years ago. The shaft was warped and the wrap was in bad shape too, but the price was good. I wasn´t playing at the time, but now, that I started again a few months ago, I had the wrap changed, and I´m playing with it, using Meucci and Predator shafts.

I´d appreciate any info. If it appears in any Huebler brochure, materials, etc. I couldn´t find this model anywhere. Thanks,

122cbde0d2bea7729b9b3dc635fd93aa.jpg
cd9e117c1a21d2c727580a2fa923c45c.jpg
c10eeb95588e7261dd4da21263f5b4e7.jpg
579e0311cd50b5898b4740fde3d5d755.jpg

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone in here familiar with the joint venture between Huebler and Meuchi? It lasted for a very short period of time. A Friend has one of the cues they made together and I am thinking of buying it.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone in here familiar with the joint venture between Huebler and Meuchi? It lasted for a very short period of time. A Friend has one of the cues they made together and I am thinking of buying it.

Do you mean in the mid-seventies? When Meucci worked in the Huebler shop?

Or something else?

At that time Meucci cues had nylon inserts, used the same pill bumper as a Huebler, and some of the cues were identical to Huebler models.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Or something else?

At that time Meucci cues had nylon inserts, used the same pill bumper as a Huebler, and some of the cues were identical to Huebler models.

It was the early days for both makers, the name they used was Slade. Neither of us has a value for the cue, not enough of them around. I do have pictures of it with some other collectable cues.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was the early days for both makers, the name they used was Slade. Neither of us has a value for the cue, not enough of them around. I do have pictures of it with some other collectable cues.

Slade?

I think you may have some history mixed up.

Slade cues was out of Denver...essentially what became Showcase cues I believe.

I am pretty sure I have a file on Slade. I'll look for it later.

EDIT: I think the confusion arises from the fact that Slade used nylon inserts.

Slade was 1960's I believe. Huebler didn't start cue making until about 1974 I think.

Meucci was involved in National, WICO, and some other stuff starting around the early to mid 60's I believe. I am unaware of him being involved in Slade though he could have been I suppose.

Slade was started by Clay Ethridge according to my records and Google. Others were involved. Apparently this evolved into Showcase...or at least was "pre-Showcase".

Last edited:

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slade?

I think you may have some history mixed up.

Slade cues was out of Denver...essentially what became Showcase cues I believe.

I am pretty sure I have a file on Slade. I'll look for it later.

The seller has as much knowledge as anyone out there, he thinks it's Slade but memories do fade. He may be too attached to sell.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seller has as much knowledge as anyone out there, he thinks it's Slade but memories do fade. He may be too attached to sell.

It may indeed be a slade...certainly is if it has the correct logo, but I don't think slade was a joint venture of Huebler and Meucci. The geography and the time frame is off.

But i don't deny it is possible. There may be some history there i don't know about.

I don't yet own a Slade...but I want one.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It may indeed be a slade...certainly is if it has the correct logo, but I don't think slade was a joint venture of Huebler and Meucci. The geography and the time frame is off.

But i don't deny it is possible. There may be some history there i don't know about.

I don't yet own a Slade...but I want one.

To the left of the black Lucasi bag.

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ask Ted AZ Member cuesblues he lives out in Denver and has alot of knowledge about Showcase cues.

Another person u could email is Erine Martinez he worked at Showcase in the early days before he went out on
his own.

Bogey

Registered
Doesn’t look very Huebler like to me.

Which one, mine, or the one that CuesDirectly posted?

It is interesting, I had not heard that story with Huebler and Meucci, Anyway, mine has nothing to do with that, I just sometimes play with a Meucci shaft from another Meucci cue.

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Which one, mine, or the one that CuesDirectly posted?

It is interesting, I had not heard that story with Huebler and Meucci, Anyway, mine has nothing to do with that, I just sometimes play with a Meucci shaft from another Meucci cue.

Sorry for my confusion, I guess reading comprehension isn’t always my strong suit.
I do like your Huebler, he made a wide variety of cues.

Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is true. My very first cue was a Meucci with no logo, purchased in Dec 1971. It had a nylon insert in the shaft, and plastic collars on the shaft and joint. When the joint collar split, I sent it back to Meucci to be repaired. Bob tried to tell me it was a Huebler, because it was a duplicate of a Huebler model, but I proved to him that it was his cue. He then replaced the joint collar and sent the cue back to me...I still have that cue! :grin:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Or something else?