Have done about a dozen tip repairs so far, and all have turned out excellent, except for a white diamond break tip, I installed on an old Brunswick stick we had laying around that we started using as a break stick. Popped off after about three weeks of breaking with it. What actually happened was the slip over ferrule came loose to where it moved about a 64 th of a inch, and allowed the tip to pop loose. I actually think it was loose before installing the tip, and I didn't catch it. After some internet browsing, I decided to get a ferrule threader/compression die, and some threaded ferrules. Was a little nervous about stripping the wood, and the tips out there not to turn the shaft by the chuck, but by the shaft, we're spot on. Also saw Mark's youtube on where he showed turning the lathe on and letting go of the threader as it hits the shoulder, but was too scared to try that the first time. Maybe after I get this out of the lathe I'll turn a piece of dowl down to try it on. The threads actually came out quite clean I thought, and the ferrule turns on nice and tight without glue. Just have to wait for the wife to get home from town later today, with some epoxy, as what I have was old. I guess some of you would just suggest it would have been more cost justifiable to take my shafts somewhere to have tips and ferrules replaced, and you would be right, but there is no one within 75 miles of me that offers service with a lathe, and quite honestly this has been fun to do.