20 dollar chalk?? What’s the world coming to?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I bought 5 pieces of V10 as a lark with 'all' my winnings at the last APA vegas Masters event, (we didn't get very far). I of course opened myself up to the ridicule that comes with a perceived "dumb" purchase. I owned it and told my buddies that if I ever ran out / lost the chalk I'd never buy more with earned money. Well, 6mths later and I can say that I'll pony up that $20usd whenever the situation calls for it.

I have a single active piece. It lives on my table's rail for everyone to use, and goes out for field trips when I play league or tourneys. Forget about cleanliness and CB marks for a moment. This stuff flat out performs amazing. I've never been a chalk nut and prior to buying V10 had been working through the same gross of yellow Triangle I bought decades ago. I also had a chalking element to my PSR. However, V10 performs so well that the only times I bother chalking now is before a rack begins and when I'm planning on hitting with extreme english.

It's worth the experiment. However don't do it unless you're willing to concede that you were wrong and can stomach continuing to buy it...lol

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
i chalk frequently and found the chalk build up was "pasty"
pro tip: Only chalk as required. Having a "build up" is too much.

I wouldn't call my experience with "extra" V10 on my cue tip as pasty. Subjective I know, but compared to other definitively pasty chalks, it's not pasty at all. That might just boil down to the climate users live in.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pro tip: Only chalk as required. Having a "build up" is too much.

I wouldn't call my experience with "extra" V10 on my cue tip as pasty. Subjective I know, but compared to other definitively pasty chalks, it's not pasty at all. That might just boil down to the climate users live in.
Pasty?
Nah.
Actually almost paints on and apparently does not come off.
Amazing stuff.
Chalking is part of my PSR.
I like 3 cubes (rounds) on the table when I play.
Dr. Dave will eventually get around to the chalk test on it.
Can't wait.
I am a big fan of KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid and have said chalk is chalk is chalk.
My table has never been cleaner through repeated play.
The vacuum canister is very clean after vacuuming.
Where does it go?
I'm sold on the TAOM.

JolietJames

Boot Party Coordinator
Silver Member
Pasty?
Nah.
Actually almost paints on and apparently does not come off.
Amazing stuff.
Chalking is part of my PSR.
I like 3 cubes (rounds) on the table when I play.
Dr. Dave will eventually get around to the chalk test on it.
Can't wait.
I am a big fan of KISS, Keep It Simple Stupid and have said chalk is chalk is chalk.
My table has never been cleaner through repeated play.
The vacuum canister is very clean after vacuuming.
Where does it go?
I'm sold on the TAOM.
I agree with Philly on something.
We disagree on everything so this stuff must be good.
Chalking was a habit more than part of my PSR.
I literally have to remove the V10 from the table after chalking at the start of a rack.
If not, I will unconsciously grab it and bring it with me to chalk throughout the run.
Other than at the start of the rack, I only use this stuff if I'm about to juice up a ball.
If I forget and use it on consecutive shots as I normally would, there is build-up on the tip and there will be a mark on the table where I hit the next shot.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with Philly on something.
We disagree on everything so this stuff must be good.
Chalking was a habit more than part of my PSR.
I literally have to remove the V10 from the table after chalking at the start of a rack.
If not, I will unconsciously grab it and bring it with me to chalk throughout the run.
Other than at the start of the rack, I only use this stuff if I'm about to juice up a ball.
If I forget and use it on consecutive shots as I normally would, there is build-up on the tip and there will be a mark on the table where I hit the next shot.
I have noticed no marks at all.
My home table has Simonis Tournament Blue cloth and I use the V10, green.
I think it paints on a little better than the blue.
I can't find any residue at all.
Where does it go?

Removing the chalk is a good idea.
Please don't make me change my PSR!

Last edited:

BarBoxROB

I have used it for close to a year now, 1st the blue pyro and switched to V10 green about four months ago, and it's the best chalk I have ever used plus lasts forever!

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More proof how cheap pool players are and complain about everything. Kamui costs me what $30? I use the same piece for about a year and a half. That’s 18 months . That means it costs me less than $2 a month. If you’re worried about $2 a month you got bigger financial problems in your life. Lol I like it so I use it.

And before anyone complains about the mess if you know how to properly chalk it’s fine. I lightly swipe on once between each game and it makes no more mess on my home table then any other chalk.

RDeca

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you go through a piece of chalk in 4 weeks? I have a piece of V10 I've been using for 12 months and still have about 60% left. I think it wears slower than the Blue Diamond and Russian Magic chalk I used before.
I want to try triangle pro... I suspect russian magic is very simular ... I haven't tried either tho. Russian magic is a clean chalk right?

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I just got a cube 😂 Of this chalk (v10). I do admit this is next level, particularly on hard tips (like I like). I feel it grips better and your shot is more true with your stroke. Initially impressed, will comment with more time.

Ps I applied once per rack with no miscues or mess (blue cloth green chalk)
True?.... please explain. Never heard someone describe chalk as being true.

ak1975

True?.... please explain. Never heard someone describe chalk as being true.
What I meant was I think cheap chalk allows the tips to slip slightly on contact. I don't feel this with v10, and until I used it I might have never made the comparison. This is subtle but I notice it.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More proof how cheap pool players are and complain about everything. Kamui costs me what $30? I use the same piece for about a year and a half. That’s 18 months . That means it costs me less than $2 a month. If you’re worried about $2 a month you got bigger financial problems in your life. Lol I like it so I use it.

And before anyone complains about the mess if you know how to properly chalk it’s fine. I lightly swipe on once between each game and it makes no more mess on my home table then any other chalk.
I use the V10 and love it, but for someone who has chalked up for every shot as part of my PSR for 50+ years, I find it impossible not to, even though many on here claim it’s not necessary.

xX-Wizard-Xx

not about being cheap .... do i need 30$ chalk NOPE ... Same thing about pool cues. Do i need a $10k hyped up Southwest to push a white ball around a table ... NOPE ...do i feel dumb for spending that much .... kind of if i dont need it ... lmao

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not about being cheap .... do i need 30$ chalk NOPE ... Same thing about pool cues. Do i need a $10k hyped up Southwest to push a white ball around a table ... NOPE ...do i feel dumb for spending that much .... kind of if i dont need it ... lmao
Used to feel the same way about chalk.
Masters was fine by me as I chalk after almost every shot as part of my PSR
and I still use Masters in the poolroom.
At home I use the Taom.
It is cleaner by miles.
Table stays remarkably clean and a cube (round) lasts forever.

NobodySpecial

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can any V10 fans give an explanation of how, if at all, V10 is better than Pyro? I understand V10 is their most marketed product, but I've not yet heard anything said of V10 that isn't also true of my Pyro (and my Pyro is blue, for those very occasional flakes I find on my cloth).
Just my 2 cents worth. I switched to V10 (from Triangle) because all of the hype seemed to be exactly true. In my personal experience, I got slightly less spin with the V10, and I had too many miscues. I ended up moving to the Pyro. It keeps things just as clean as the V10, grips the cubeball better, and I haven't miscued since. This is just my experience.