20 years working in the Billiard Industry.

shanesinnott

Follow Through
Silver Member
Posted this on my Facebook earlier today. Figured it was worth sharing here as AZB has played a big part of my last 20 years:

April 1st 1996 I started working for Predator. I was 27 years old and really just wanted to be a professional pool player but I was tired of being broke and decided it was time to get a real job after 2 years of trying to make it as a player.

After 8 years with Predator and being part of a great team that helped put that company on the map, I left and started an online billiard supply store called Platinum Billiards which was a great success up until I sold my half of the company.

5 years later I moved to Colorado and went to work for Cuestix who are one of the largest billiard distributors in the country.

A year later I moved back to Florida and joined Cue & Case Sales (another very large billiard distributor).

2 years later I joined OB Cues (Jan 2012) and have been with OB ever since.

I have had the opportunity to work for some great companies and work with some great people. I have traveled the country and many parts of the world meeting thousands of players (amateur and pros alike).

I love what I do. I have always had a passion for the game and I always enjoy explaining to people what it is that I do ("you sell pool cues????")

I have seen the industry flourish and I have witnessed some tough times for many companies and many players.

I could have chosen many other careers (I am a licensed commercial pilot) but I do not regret any of the choices I have made over the last 20 years. Pool is a beautiful game and millions of people around the world get enjoyment from it every single day and I am proud to have helped play a part in making this game more enjoyable for the people who are lucky enough to get to play it.

The last 20 years have been an exciting time in my career and I can only imagine what the next 20 years will bring. It's going to be awesome! Thank you to all of you that I have met along the way and if we have never met and you see me at an event, please introduce yourself, I look forward to telling you what it is that I do.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
As long as you love what you do it's like it ain't even work. Congratulations on a superior career and best of luck for the next 20 and beyond

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice to hear you're enjoying what you do. Good luck with the future. Just keep delivering quality and it'll come back to you.

ceebee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Shane, you & I met while you were still at Predator. I've been doing this BreakRAK stuff for 15 years now. What a great way to enjoy my retirement from BOEING.

Shane you've been a good friend to me/us... thanks

Last edited:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Posted this on my Facebook earlier today. Figured it was worth sharing here as AZB has played a big part of my last 20 years:

April 1st 1996 I started working for Predator. I was 27 years old and really just wanted to be a professional pool player but I was tired of being broke and decided it was time to get a real job after 2 years of trying to make it as a player.

After 8 years with Predator and being part of a great team that helped put that company on the map, I left and started an online billiard supply store called Platinum Billiards which was a great success up until I sold my half of the company.

5 years later I moved to Colorado and went to work for Cuestix who are one of the largest billiard distributors in the country.

A year later I moved back to Florida and joined Cue & Case Sales (another very large billiard distributor).

I have had the opportunity to work for some great companies and work with some great people. I have traveled the country and many parts of the world meeting thousands of players (amateur and pros alike).

I love what I do. I have always had a passion for the game and I always enjoy explaining to people what it is that I do ("you sell pool cues????")

I have seen the industry flourish and I have witnessed some tough times for many companies and many players.

I could have chosen many other careers (I am a licensed commercial pilot) but I do not regret any of the choices I have made over the last 20 years. Pool is a beautiful game and millions of people around the world get enjoyment from it every single day and I am proud to have helped play a part in making this game more enjoyable for the people who are lucky enough to get to play it.

The last 20 years have been an exciting time in my career and I can only imagine what the next 20 years will bring. It's going to be awesome! Thank you to all of you that I have met along the way and if we have never met and you see me at an event, please introduce yourself, I look forward to telling you what it is that I do.

Thanks for taking the time to write this and for telling us a little about yourself.

I love the game also and refuse to believe things in the industry are as bad as it sometimes seems.

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dear Shane,

Count your blessings. I was so ill suited to my career that it forced me into a total mental disability retirement by age 46.

My new OBXL+ is a real treat. Superb fit n' finish. It has totally exceeded my expectations.

A huge thank you to all involved! :thumbup2:

Last edited:

sixwillwin

King of the Meadow
Silver Member
Awesome. Thanks for the story. We have a few things in common anyway, I fly for a living and spend a lot of time playing pool in my spare time.

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Shane,

I've never met you personally but I've spoken to you via email about my concerns of my OB1+ shaft that I bought. You took care of my concerns immediately and efficiently. Knowing your position, I can understand if things can be overwhelming but you always take the time to answer your emails and even passionately post something like this. I like how you're very detailed in your responses and take pride in what you do. Thank you for everything Shane.

Nelson

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shane...I would imagine that the next 20 years with you at the helm of OB Cues will be great for the company and great for you personally! :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com