2015 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Another 7-5 on the 10-ball ghost.

It started out so well...I was up 5-0 with a perfect chance to make it 6-0 and made a stupid, stupid, stupid error. I got an angle I hadn't planned for on the 7 and told myself, "Whatever you do, don't scratch in the side." I know better and should've gotten off the shot right then, reevaluated, and cued the ball properly...but I pulled the trigger and cued the ball as I had originally planned instead and scratched right in the side.

I REALLY wanted to post up a 7-0 on the 10-ball ghost and when I made that error I let it get to me way more than it should have. I started getting mad at myself and dogging shots/position. The last part of the set was kind of a blur. I'm honestly surprised I even won, as mad as I was by the time it was over.

Here's the link to the set if anyone want to watch me go on tilt, lol. :banghead::frown::embarrassed2:

Pretty sure there's some profanity in there so I would like to apologize beforehand.

https://youtu.be/DLi6IKI8iRE

Good win anyways!
If it is possible I think little bit upper camera position would be nice IMO. Nice break.

SlashingAxe

Pool newbie
Silver Member
Not sure if anyone is familiar with APA and I want to try this but currently breaking and running with a bih is difficult to do Id maybe do that once every 50 racks lol. Anyways I'm not too sure if you guys know various ways to handicap it? I'm a 4 in 9 ball in APA but should be moving up to 5 soon. standards. So maybe someone can guess a bit of skill from that.

SlashingAxe

Pool newbie
Silver Member
Thanks for the advice I'll try this out in a bit as I tried 2 bih and ran out easily usually 9-2 mark. I believe positioning is where I make mistakes and this way seems to help improve better than just setting up easily when I make the first mistake.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I´ve been lately playing more 14.1 but in same time I put a ton of practice towards my break. 14.1 or 10-ball break been my last month.

Yesterday i tried Pro 10-ball ghost and ended losing 4-7. dry break is loss. any foul or miss is loss. So 7 run-outs is needed to beat that version of ghost..
I played tighter matches against that ghost earlier but never won one yet.
That match was funny to watch for myself because it showed me how Ghost break your game.. last break was like give up..:angry:
Reason why I play these no BIH ghosts are that against top players break is so important. These MAKE me break good when needed... or lose.

Anyways another thread about SVB´s break cueball bounce motivated me to put good amount of practice on break. This 4-7 match had 3 bad breaks but it shows clearly still i´m improved quite a lot...:smile:
Warning: If someone start intense break practice, GET EARPLUGS! I managed damage my hearing. SVB never needed those...:rolleyes:

Anyways here is match if someone is interested:
https://youtu.be/O3CKZzEEinc

ps. It probably takes some time to Youtube process it HD
Edit. First rack is slow because I play phone tucked against my neck

Last edited:

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice shooting Poolmanis. I think that gentleman talking to you made you lose your focus. Next time. :thumbup:

Here is match
https://youtu.be/UhpWqKc34pY

I did get real program for video editing lately and put some practice with this video(added score when racking and speed up racking).
Mainly because I want try make some (computer)gaming video.

Any kind feedback is welcome! :)

*edit It probably takes some time to YouTube process it to HD

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a Big Guns 8 Ball tournament today $100 entry only paying the top 3 of 32 players.

Anyway I hit the practice room for an hour to warm up. I played the ghost in 8 ball race to 7. I ended up beating the ghost 7-2. No BIH, had some really good outs on my 10 foot Brunswick. The tournament is being played on 7 foot Valley Tables. So here is the video, hope you enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxupDHd4AH8

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Hey guys, it's a new year and it'd be a good time to start over fresh and get motivated again. I'm thinking maybe to just keep it limited to a few games (8, 9 and 10 ball) just to keep it manageable. And maybe have a ball-in-hand version and a no-ball-in-hand pro version for each game. Any other ideas are welcome as well!

Scott Brazier

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys, it's a new year and it'd be a good time to start over fresh and get motivated again. I'm thinking maybe to just keep it limited to a few games (8, 9 and 10 ball) just to keep it manageable. And maybe have a ball-in-hand version and a no-ball-in-hand pro version for each game. Any other ideas are welcome as well!

Sounds good to me.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, sounds good. Agree, too many games. I think 9 ball is still the main game on the local level. I would not even bother with 8 ball, no one did that last year. Just 9 ball and 10 ball, BIH and non-BIH for each IMO. 4 options total.

Can we unsticky this thread, and make the 2016 thread a sticky? Then, in the first post of the 2016 thread, put a link to this thread? Just like we do in the 14.1 specific thread.

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Yes, sounds good. Agree, too many games. I think 9 ball is still the main game on the local level. I would not even bother with 8 ball, no one did that last year. Just 9 ball and 10 ball, BIH and non-BIH for each IMO. 4 options total.

Can we unsticky this thread, and make the 2016 thread a sticky? Then, in the first post of the 2016 thread, put a link to this thread? Just like we do in the 14.1 specific thread.

Sounds good. I threw 8 ball in there just in case there was any interest and I think if a few people start posting scores, it might take off. I've already contacted the admin about stickying the thread so hopefully it will be done soon.

clydeNbonnie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/3-56NPHP7WQ

Race to 5. 12 ball ghost for my old friend peppersauce. 9' gold crown 3. Diamondized rails 4 3/8" pockets. Old cloth. Not an easy table. Trust me. First video of me playing the 15 ball ghost was done in 2009 with a good video recorder. This one done last night using my phone. That's why it's a race to 5, instead of a longer race. Thanks Jess. It was fun.