2016 World 9-Ball Championship

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The big story today was how China and Taiwan got wiped out, and how well Europe is doing. From China/Taiwan, Kevin Cheng and Ko Ping Chung are still in it, but so many of their big guns like Ko Pin Yi and Wu got knocked out. On the other hand, Europeans including Ouscan, He, Grabe, Peach!, Shaw and a couple of others are still in it. Having started with so many from Asia, a Westerner is more likely to win it all at this point.

barrymuch90

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of artem koshovoj and he obviously has got my attention In this tournament especially the last two rounds beating Chua n jun Lin so I look him up on azb n he has no cashes lol I understand azb only shows cashes for a small percentage of actual tournaments espcially in foreign country's but the man obviously is a pro and he's competing on the world stage I'm surprised there's nothing on him. Now that I write this I imagine if I looked up a few other names that are unfamiliar they too would have very little to no info as well

Rhea

Retired Road Player
Silver Member
I've never heard of artem koshovoj and he obviously has got my attention In this tournament especially the last two rounds beating Chua n jun Lin so I look him up on azb n he has no cashes lol I understand azb only shows cashes for a small percentage of actual tournaments espcially in foreign country's but the man obviously is a pro and he's competing on the world stage I'm surprised there's nothing on him. Now that I write this I imagine if I looked up a few other names that are unfamiliar they too would have very little to no info as well

That is why FargoRate is superior to AZB and even WPA, because it includes all of those plus a whole lot more.

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
SVB will lose to Kazakis

Jayson over Alex in semifinal 1, Grabe over SVB in semi 2, Jayson over Grabe in the final.

if Kazakis passes the China player he will win SVB for sure they played before twice and SVB lost both matches(chip gamble)

maestro de pool

Focus Concetration Nerves
Silver Member
no way Shaw made it to semis

I agree with your QF Predictions.

I can see your Semi Final happening but I want Shaw over Biado.

If Biado beats Shaw, I like Alex over Biado.

SVB vs Alex final. Talk about Epic with these two mixing it up again in the WPC final.

do you really think Shaw can pass the winner of HE vs Ouschan? no way:grin-square:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The big story today was how China and Taiwan got wiped out, and how well Europe is doing. From China/Taiwan, Kevin Cheng and Ko Ping Chung are still in it, but so many of their big guns like Ko Pin Yi and Wu got knocked out. On the other hand, Europeans including Ouscan, He, Grabe, Peach!, Shaw and a couple of others are still in it. Having started with so many from Asia, a Westerner is more likely to win it all at this point.

Well in terms of % of total players, from last 64 to last 16, not much change in % of number of players from Taiwan, Philippines, China , USA
The big increase in % of players from Europe from 28% to 44% while the big drop is from Rest of World , mainly Middle East players from 27% to 13%

LAST 16 LAST 64
# Players % of total # Players % of total
Europe 7 43.8% 18 28.1%
China 2 12.5% 7 10.9%
Philippines 2 12.5% 10 15.6%
Taiwan 2 12.5% 10 15.6%
USA 1 6.3% 2 3.1%
Rest of World 2 12.5% 17 26.6%
TOTAL 16 100.0% 64 100.0%
(Alex counted under Philippines, Wu counted under China)
:D