2017 us open straight pool

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I understand the us open straight pool will be returning to CT Windsor Locks, but does anyone know if the us open one pocket will also be there at the same time?

And, is there any word on qualifiers for either of these?

thanks ...

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I understand the us open straight pool will be returning to CT Windsor Locks, but does anyone know if the us open one pocket will also be there at the same time?

thanks ...

I imagine (but do not know for sure) that the one pocket will be in Vegas at Mark Griffin's new room. But he wanted to stay in the East for 14.1, hence Windsor Locks again.

What's the difference between this and the one they hold near Richmond VA?

The US Open is a CSI event now; the first one in quite a while was last year in CT.

The Richmond (Midlothian) event is the "American 14.1 Straight Pool Championship." It started as the Maryland Open, but has been in Midlothian for 3 years now with the new name. Peter Burrows is the promoter.

kaznj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is there any official word on the location? I heard it would not be held in ct again. I went last year. It was nice. Poor turnout by players. Still saw some good pool. Place is nice. Very nice hosts.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

thanks ...

Griff's out in LV is a good bet for the 1pocket Open next year.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is there any official word on the location? I heard it would not be held in ct again. I went last year. It was nice. Poor turnout by players. Still saw some good pool. Place is nice. Very nice hosts.

Pretty sure MG is committed to CT next year. I believe there was some sort of unavoidable scheduling conflict that hurt turnout for the last event. Hopefully avoidable in 2017.

Lou Figueroa

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here is a flyer that I found on the playcsipool.com website:

http://www.playcsipool.com/2017-us-open-straight-pool.html

which says April 10-14 in Windsor Locks. The SBE in Valley Forge (actually, Oaks) is March 30-April 2, 2017. Neither the 14.1 Open nor the tournaments at the SBE are listed on the AZB calendar yet. Already listed are two intermediate tournaments, so the sequence might be:

Mar 30-Apr 2 SBE (10-ball and one pocket? Website is "under construction".) (Thu-Sun)
Apr 4-Apr 7, World 8-Ball at Steinway, NYC (Tues-Fri)
Apr 8-Apr 9, Joss Tour Stop #14 at Salt City (Syracuse) (Sat-Sun)
Apr 10-Apr 14 US Open 14.1 at Windsor Locks (Mon-Fri)