2017 WPA 9ball World Champ.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Has there been a date set yet? I can't seem to find any information on it. Maybe not looking in the correct pace?:smile-us-down:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Has there been a date set yet? I can't seem to find any information on it. Maybe not looking in the correct pace?:smile-us-down:

It doesn't seem to be on the WPA calendar yet. It has been in Doha, Qatar for the last 7 years, but the month has varied -- June, July, Aug., or Sept.

Cezar Morales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if its open to anyone who wished to play if ya're not representing your country.
I know each country gets 2 allocated slots to proceed to bypass the qualifying stage without having to play qualifiers.

Im just thinking of a vacation or rather pool-cation to dubai and doha and if its possible , play the qualifiers and soaked up in the atmosphere of watching all the world best players go to battle.

Wld anyone have more knowlege on this subject chimed in please ?

Thanks

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just wondering if its open to anyone who wished to play if ya're not representing your country.
I know each country gets 2 allocated slots to proceed to bypass the qualifying stage without having to play qualifiers.

Im just thinking of a vacation or rather pool-cation to dubai and doha and if its possible , play the qualifiers and soaked up in the atmosphere of watching all the world best players go to battle.

Wld anyone have more knowlege on this subject chimed in please ?

Thanks

I don't believe the "2 allocated slots" is correct. The Stage 2 has a number of ways it is filled, both by spots for rankings, allocations to federations, numerous wild card spots given to the promoter/organizer, the defending champ, and also to the Stage 1 qualifiers.

For info check out their site for how they did it last year.
http://qbsf.qa/pub/2016-world-9-ball-tournament-information/

Note:
"Stage-1 Participants:

All the Players can send their entries only through their National Federations. Entries sent directly by the players shall not be entertained. The maximum number of entries for Stage-1 shall be 128 which shall be accepted on first-come-first basis."

So it looks like you need to get a sponsor at the BCA to send your credentials to the QBSF to get into a qualifier there, asap.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
WPA probably moved it to China, like everything seems to going. The live gate is just as small; in China and Qatar, as it is in the U.S. Johnnyt

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
WPA probably moved it to China, like everything seems to going. The live gate is just as small; in China and Qatar, as it is in the U.S. Johnnyt

If they had it here in L.A. it would be standing room only!