2021 AZB Ghost Challenge - Official Thread

Badpenguin

A variation on the rules, more suited to mere mortals. Any thoughts/feedback appreciated.
  • Encourages making balls on the break, while maintaining control of the cue ball.
  • Adds safety play.
  • Introduces the consideration of percentages/risk vs reward.
  • Progressive, for low/medium skill level players. Win Set 1, move on to Set 2, Set 3, and so on.
Set One
  • For each ball made on the break, you get a bonus BiH (ball in hand). Make 2 balls on the break, you get 2 BiH.
    • (Separate from the free BiH immediately after break.)
  • If a bonus BiH is used at any time during a rack and the player does not complete the win, the ghost wins 2 games.
  • If a BiH is not used during the game and the player wins, player wins 2 games.
    • Cannot use free BiH immediately after break.
    • Cannot use free BiH from called safety.
    • Cannot use bonus BiH from balls pocketed during the break.
  • If player calls and executes a safety that results in the ghost player not being able to directly contact (see) the object ball, player immediately gets a free BiH.
    • "Two-way" shots are not allowed. Must either call and execute a hook safety or call and pocket a ball.
  • Race is to 10
Set Two
  • If a BiH is not used immediately following the break and the player wins, player wins 2 games.
  • If player calls and executes a safety that results in the ghost player not being able to directly contact (see) the object ball, player immediately gets a free BiH.
    • "Two-way" shots are not allowed. Must either call and execute a hook safety or call and pocket a ball.
  • Race is to 10
Set Three
  • No free BiH immediately after the break.
  • Race is to 10

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting all. First post updated. Side Pocket overtakes Tate for the top spot in the 9 ball category.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been long away from pool. First came little burn out and then i had back issues and long flu.
I think it was good to have little vacation from playing and i enjoy it a lot again. Played now a lot about week and got in decent shape. I actually tried beat pro ghost 7-0 couple nights but could not do it. I did open many sets with 4-packs(run outs actually) but always ended up messing somehow 5th break...
Today i just wanted chill and play normal 10-ball ghost and really take it slow and think angles and cueball control. So I decided do a more depth self commentary while playing vs Ghost. Managed to pull 7-1 victory with little lucky shots too but I take them ;)

Link to video: coming later...

9BallKY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I recorded this video a few days ago. Wasn’t planning on even uploading it but decided to. I don’t get a chance to record much anymore with two grandchildren ages 3 and 1 running around. Anyway I won the set 7-3, really felt like I should have won 7-1 but missed position on a couple shots when it was 6-1 and 6-2. When it was 6-2 I missed position on the the 3 but still had a very make able shot and just flat out missed the shot.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting all. We have a sole entry in the 10 ball pro ghost and its a good one. Highest in all the years for the category. First post updated.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played 9-ball normal ghost after got beatings from 15-ball ghost.
7-0 win.
Fun to have some normal layouts after playing super good and still losing to 15-ball ghost. :D
Video upload tomorrow :)

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting all, first post updated.

Final push for the year. Let's get some sets played during Xmas vacation!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good shooting all in 2021. Here is the new 2022 thread: