2022 World Snooker Championship (Apr 16th - May 2nd)

FastManners

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Trump has really found his form today and Williams is off. It has been an excellent tournament so far.

If anyone has not seen it, Gods of Snooker is definitely worth watching

telinoz

Registered
Wow, what a time to have an off session.
Barring the last 3 frames, Judd didn't do anything special.
Believe it or not, early days yet in this match but 7-1 down is not exactly optimal.
Lol.

I remember why I was hesitant to not bet this year.
Even this deep in the tournament, when you think there is a form guide, this happens.
Anyway, its all good drama and fun to watch.

Ronnie and John underway, we will see how that first session pans out.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "class of 92", as they are called these days, might have developed the most effective style of snooker we will ever see. Maybe only matched by Stephen Hendry in his prime.

They have developed break building into an artform. Pot the open reds, make a split, pot two or three more, maybe a split again...never open the pack too much to keep things tight if something goes wrong.
The same goes for their safety game. It is not all about the killer snooker, it is about keeping the cue ball tight to the rail, it is about taking away the escape routes for the opponent.
They play such a tight game.

It will be interesting to see if Trump can outpot two of these veterans in a row. Williams might have lost it already with this first terrible session today and Ronnie vs. Higgins might cost the eventual winner a lot of stamina.
My prediction?
John Higgins...without any reason, I just like his style.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The lower right pocket isn’t taking balls properly. I’m watching Ronnie/Higgins now and I’ve seen more balls bobble and not fall in the hole. 2 in the first frame that were rolled down the rail-both should have fell. And about 3-4 since that looked like they were going.

Also it appears who wins this match is a big favorite in the finals

telinoz

Registered
Give Ronnie a messy table and he will make a frame winning clearance.
It may look like Higgins is doing better, but he had some run of the ball to be honest.
I was never worried when he went down 3-0 to David Gilbert, not worried at 3-1.
He looks relaxed, we shall see after this mini interval.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give Ronnie a messy table and he will make a frame winning clearance.
It may look like Higgins is doing better, but he had some run of the ball to be honest.
I was never worried when he went down 3-0 to David Gilbert, not worried at 3-1.
He looks relaxed, we shall see after this mini interval.
Well...don't underestimate Higgins.
He might be the only player, who can get into Ronnie's head at least a bit.
In the first 4 frames, they were playing Higgin's game and if John can dictate the game, it might come to a point, where there is no way back for Ronnie.

telinoz

Registered
Well...don't underestimate Higgins.
He might be the only player, who can get into Ronnie's head at least a bit.
In the first 4 frames, they were playing Higgin's game and if John can dictate the game, it might come to a point, where there is no way back for Ronnie.
Never under estimate Higgins. Yep, I have been watching him for 30 years.
Ronnie respects him, sometimes too much in a match.

What stat I always watch in every match is pot %

Ronnie on 91%
John on 86%

And as I type John just missed a mid range red. Ronnie back in..

I don't think John is potting well enough at this stage, over the distance of this match he will lose unless he gets into the 90% range.

telinoz

Registered
Higgins unusually played bad safety.

Ronnie has engaged boosters.

Those recovery shots to make a century. Awesome.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As I watch Ronnie potting a red left handead, freeing another red, playing a double and clearing up, I wonder what he could have achieved, if he would have matured ten years earlier.

Anyway, I stand to my opinion, that John still is the only player, who can handle Ronnie in full gear.

But now it is 3:3 and on the other hand, Ronnie might be the only one, who can get into John's head and who can really show how is the king of the 92s.

On another thought, remember a few years back, where we all celebrated Steve Davis still being in the top 16 age 50?
Now we have three players, who have a realistic chance to be a world champion on their 50th birthday.

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
4:4 after the first session....and if Williams doesn't find another gear, everything plays in Trump's hands. If Judd can end the match with a session to spare, he will have a huge advantage for the final.