2022 World Snooker Championship (Apr 16th - May 2nd)

CanadianGuy

i'll likely never understand players and their snooker tips,
the players often change them on their own with knife/glue, and switch as often as every few weeks

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
it has always been flawed in the sense "not orthodox". his cue moves sideways before and after cue ball contact, especially notable in power shots, so timing becomes very important. still good play from trump this session
You are correct. I chose the... wrong word. Perhaps... An unorthodox movement that by consensus is not optimal... And yes can produce astounding results. ...it just jumped at me on the shot where the look was right down the barrel.🤷👍

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
The difference I am seeing in Ronnie...is from the very beginning every thing was deliberate. With an incredible all encompass focus. Heck he was walking the length of the table to groom the cloth. In an area that wasn't adjacent to any part of the shot. Having cue ball and object balls cleaned often. Constantly groundskeeper but hitting a very high percentage to perfect, with missed balls very rarely leaving....much.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Judd handed Ronnie the last two games, Ronnie cleanewd

Have Backgammon Board will travel !!!
That’s me!

Alex chopped my liver out in Vegas 3 weeks ago. I should have played him head up 1P, I’d have had a better chance. Lol dice can punish anyone at any time. Great action!

Gambol!

Hope your well Don💪😃

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie needs to sort out his meds. He didn’t look good today at all. His hair wasn’t proper, he didn’t shave, he looked like he was up all night.

He won’t win if he doesn’t sort out his “help”

I hope he wins, he’ll go for 8 next year.

If he loses he might be done with snooker. Who knows?

That’s how I see it

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
i'll likely never understand players and their snooker tips,
the players often change them on their own with knife/glue, and switch as often as every few weeks
Cole shot with water buffalo. A very hard tip. When he pawned his cues to me, the first thing he checked when he redeemed his rig was the little package of 6 tips. The original maker had passed and he was the Stradavarious of tips.
It took me decades to get to where I felt capable with that hard a tip. When a tip got to the height I saw in Ronnie's, it was at the best. His definitely appears harder than Judd's.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Ronnie needs to sort out his meds. He didn’t look good today at all. His hair wasn’t proper, he didn’t shave, he looked like he was up all night.

He won’t win if he doesn’t sort out his “help”

I hope he wins, he’ll go for 8 next year.

If he loses he might be done with snooker. Who knows?

That’s how I see it
Hard not to suspect "help " when I see a person do things that I can't even approach.
I have been exposed to incredible natural ability and understanding that I don't have it makes me work harder.
Natural ability and help.....???

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hard not to suspect "help " when I see a person do things that I can't even approach.
I have been exposed to incredible natural ability and understanding that I don't have it makes me work harder.
He was breathing very heavy last few sessions. I’ve watched every frame this week. He was fidgety, walking over to sit while the ref wiped off the CB a few times. I could see his patches on his shirt moving while he was sitting. He’s very fit, so not out of breath.

I’m not judging him or knocking him.

I just hope he wins and is happy. He’s the best ever and I’d love to see him win #8 next year.

I’d hate to see him lose from here. But man he looked bad today. I got a huge 4K TV I’m watching this on. It’s amazingly clear. On Eurosport it wasn’t as good of a resolution but still can see subtitle things

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
He was breathing very heavy last few sessions. I’ve watched every frame this week. He was fidgety, walking over to sit while the ref wiped off the CB a few times. I could see his patches on his shirt moving while he was sitting. He’s very fit, so not out of breath.

I’m not judging him or knocking him.

I just hope he wins and is happy. He’s the best ever and I’d love to see him win #8 next year.

I’d hate to see him lose from here. But man he looked bad today. I got a huge 4K TV I’m watching this on. It’s amazingly clear. On Eurosport it wasn’t as good of a resolution but still can see subtitle things
Ok you got me looking at, my notes.😉
Courage
Composure
Technique
Will decide the winner. Should be a great watch.👍

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I always played on the natural, but in the 80’s & early 90’s players had lots of “help” and that was just part of pool. I never judged or knocked anyone for doing what they had to do to win.

I took steroids for years when I was training full time. Not massive doses, I had no intention to compete. I just liked the “help” and how I felt. When you get older steroids are real bad. When your young in low doses-harmless.

I don’t have a issue with PED’s. In any sport or game. In fact I support them. Makes things more exciting to see super human performances.

We’ll see if Ronnie’s hair looks better when he walks out for the night session. If his hair is still a disaster, I’d bet against him. If he looks fresh RIP Trump.

Reactions: bbb

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
I have manned my observation station and hope to be a credible witless, no matter what transpires. Judge Judy says I can't tell you what they are doing.... just what I observed.
Observation station sounds better than easy chair.😉

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some people in this thread have written, that we will see Ronnie's 8th world Titel in the near future.
But I think, IF Ronnie wins tonight, there is a high chance, we will see him retire from Snooker.
He would be the world number one and world champion, and everyone who followed him over the years knows, that it would be his style to finish with a big bang.

He won't be like Hendry, who was going down slowly, till he wasn't enjoying the game anymore.
He won't be like White, who realised he has nothing besides Snooker.
And he won't be like Davis, who could set himself goals besides winning titles.

And even though he is arguably the greatest of all time, people have to realise, that this is an outstanding performance even for Ronnie's standards.
He is not after records and even worse (for snooker fans), he has learned how to live a happy life without snooker.