2024 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi 14-1 players Post your 2024 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post updated with everyone's high run. Videos are welcome, but not required. Rules are: cue ball fouls only, call pocket, any rack method allowed, any cleaning methodology allowed, run does not have to start from break shot, run can be practice or in an actual game, any size table is fine. *Feel free to make the rules more strict if you prefer for yourself. Rack'em

Prior Year Threads:
2023, 2022, 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006

2024 Results:
High RunMemberFargoRate
83 Videojeagle64673
70batmmann5
70Roy Steffensen640
51 Videopeppersauce650
45mnorwood
42Bob Jewett
39rottenrod
26 Videosoyale
25Junction
25Texas Carom Club480
25BayGene
22Samiel603
21iusedtoberich542
15cjr3559

Last edited:

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a New Year’s miracle! Just set a new personal best of 51 today! Beat my previous high run by a ball, lol. I hadn’t played any straight pool since running my first 50 on my GC 3 a little over a year ago, so I decided to see if I could do it again now that I have a Diamond.

Sorry in advance to all the 14.1 purists. My end patterns are absolutely atrocious. Shotmaking definitely made this run possible. I’ve been working with a friend who plays a lot of 14.1 the past couple of weeks and he’s been helping me with my game. It’s amazing how differently our minds work. I just don’t see the right patterns. Hopefully that will start to change soon, with his help.

Last edited:

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It’s a New Year’s miracle! Just set a new personal best of 51 today! Beat my previous high run by a ball, lol. I hadn’t played any straight pool since running my first 50 on my GC 3 a little over a year ago, so I decided to see if I could do it again now that I have a Diamond.

Sorry in advance to all the 14.1 purists. My end patterns are absolutely atrocious. Shotmaking definitely made this run possible. I’ve been working with a friend who plays a lot of 14.1 the past couple of weeks and he’s been helping me with my game. It’s amazing how differently our minds work. I just don’t see the right patterns. Hopefully that will start to change soon, with his help.

Once I decide on a break ball, I’d like to clear off all the balls below it first if I can and then leave balls above it for my key balls. Seems to be easier that way for me. You shoot good enough it doesn’t seem to matter, but you’ll run more racks with easier end game patterns. At first I thought your shirt said ‘check the rack’ lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

peppersauce

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Once I decide on a break ball, I’d like to clear off all the balls below it first if I can and then leave balls above it for my key balls. Seems to be easier that way for me. You shoot good enough it doesn’t seem to matter, but you’ll run more racks with easier end game patterns. At first I thought your shirt said ‘check the rack’ lol.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums
Oh it matters, lol. If I’m feeling good and can get a couple of rolls 50 is doable. If I want to push into the 60’s, 70’s, or 80’s I need to clean up my patterns a lot. End patterns especially.

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member

Great run! May I ask what your FargoRate is? It would be great to see this on all posts even if it may not be relevant.

Junction

Registered
I did a personal best run of 25 last week on my 8ft table at home. I used to be a better player when my eyes were younger and I played in halls a lot, but I never played straight pool back then so I don't have a baseline. That was the Color of Money era of the late 80's into early 90's so everyone played 9 ball pretty exclusively at the time :)

jeagle64

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I should’ve just shot the 6 instead of the bank. I’ve been listening to podcasts instead of music while I play lately. It helps me focus on something else other than what I’m doing. If that makes any sense.
Ran a 66.

Sent from my iPad using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be recording fargorates in the chart. Completely optional. If you would like yours added, please post it when you add a run. If under 200 robustness, please add a P for preliminary.