3 Cushion Record?

L.S. Dennis

I grew up knowing that the 3 cushion high run record was 25 held by Hoppe for many years, but I also knew that it had been broken in modern times with modern equipment and today’s modern clothes etc.

I was watching a 3 cushion match recently on the Kozoom channel and the commentator mentioned that the record now was 28. Just for fun I did a Google search and see numbers of 32 and 40 pop up. What is the officially recognized record on this? Maybe Bob could chime in on this.
Thanks

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Officially recognized record in competition is 28
First done by junichi komori then Raymund ceulemans then Frederic cauldron and then Roland fortthomme, or vice versa can't remember if Frederic did it before Roland or not

There's video of the young master from Korean myung woo cho running 40 in 4 with a closing run of 32 in a friendly match or league, or whatever it was. he's wearing googly eye sandals lol.

And other various high runs , only runs in official competition with a referee present have been recognized. But others have done more. Sayginer and patino also said to have 30 ish runs

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There's video of the young master from Korean myung woo cho running 40 in 4 with a closing run of 32 in a friendly match or league, or whatever it was. he's wearing googly eye sandals lol.
That was a great run. I was clapping away and then found out a couple of years later it wasn't in a tournament. LMAO. I don't recall any English commentary on it.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My high run was 9 at Chris's playing a friend. Chris's is one of the things I miss most about Chicago. Had lots of fun there.

They did not have any music in the front room and did not serve any alcohol. You could just run down the street on Milwaukee Ave to the store and BYOB into Chris's. It was great on weekends it was jammed with Hispanics and cases of Mexican beers in coolers. The back room was their hangout. You could tell who the gang leaders were by the respect they got from everyone there. No one dared mess with em...

Miss Chris's and many of the 3 cushion guys especially, Adrain Viguera and ol' Julio he was a character...

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My high run was 9 at Chris's playing a friend. Chris's is one of the things I miss most about Chicago. Had lots of fun there.

They did not have any music in the front room and did not serve any alcohol. You could just run down the street on Milwaukee Ave to the store and BYOB into Chris's. It was great on weekends it was jammed with Hispanics and cases of Mexican beers in coolers. The back room was their hangout. You could tell who the gang leaders were by the respect they got from everyone there. No one dared mess with em...

Miss Chris's and many of the 3 cushion guys especially, Adrain Viguera and ol' Julio he was a character...
I used to love going into Chris's in the late 90s early 00s. Nothing like going in there for a couple of hours on a weekend afternoon and then going down the block for a platter of 9 or 12 pierogi at the Pierogi Inn up on the corner at Lawrence. Saw Sang run 18 there at one of the Carom Tour stops. Damn he smoked like a chimney.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I used to love going into Chris's in the late 90s early 00s. Nothing like going in there for a couple of hours on a weekend afternoon and then going down the block for a platter of 9 or 12 pierogi at the Pierogi Inn up on the corner at Lawrence. Saw Sang run 18 there at one of the Carom Tour stops. Damn he smoked like a chimney.
Chicago doesn’t get enough credit for its great Polish food.
I always looked up Joe Diaz in those years…loved his enthusiasm for billiards.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The thing about 3 cushion that makes it so interesting and appealing is you get too observe your shot develop.

It is like watching long putts in golf. And as your cue ball travels on the route you imagined, you start wondering
if it has enough speed or too much. You get to see the path the cue ball travels as it strikes the first rail and you
can never be sure if the billiard will happen or just a frustratingly close near miss. Then there’s the challenge of the
rails, English, speed & angles. OMG, it is so more challenging than pool & the harder the game, the more I enjoy it.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One of the biggest differences between 3 cushion and pool is one word. Respect...

The players respect the equipment, the game and each other.

When they slops a point unitenionally they always acknowledge that to the opponent.

The chalk is almost never left or even put on the rail and if it is it is always facing up so it does not make the rails dirty..

In competition dressing codes are strictly enforced.

Even the audience behaves with respect towards the players and the event itself.

It's a beautiful game!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
One of the biggest differences between 3 cushion and pool is one word. Respect...

The players respect the equipment, the game and each other.

When they slops a point unitenionally they always acknowledge that to the opponent.

The chalk is almost never left or even put on the rail and if it is it is always facing up so it does not make the rails dirty..

In competition dressing codes are strictly enforced.

Even the audience behaves with respect towards the players and the event itself.

It's a beautiful game!

Not in all cases,as we have local 3-C player who is Mr. No Respect, not typical but still PIA.

Pain In A**, blew up yesterday like everyday for no reason.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our own @zensteve recently did an interview with Frederic Caudron and he talks about the game in which he ran 28 pts. Ironically, he lost that match. He also talks about a 50 pt. match where he was down 44-6 against Dick Jaspers and ended up winning.

Steve does a great job and the whole thing is worth a watch.

Steve's Caudron Interview
thanks for the link!
Poolmanis approved!
Our club recently got carom table and im hooked to it. I am watching carom matches and playing it also in Shooter´s Pool simulation game.
My best day so far I played little over 1.0 avg and best matches close to 2.0