3 cushion rules?

TrxR

Anywhere I can read about 3 cushion rules and what constitutes as a point and what doesn't.

I'm assuming if you're the white ball that I can hit either other ball first go 3 or more rails then hit the other ball its a point
Or go 3 rails then hit the either other ball then the other is a point.
Now if i hit the red ball then the yellow then go 3 rails I'm assuming no point?
Or if I hit the red ball then 2 rails then the yellow then another rail ? No point?
What if I go 2 rails hit the red then another rail then the yellow?
Or go 3 rails then the red then another rail before the yellow?

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Anywhere I can read about 3 cushion rules and what constitutes as a point and what doesn't.

I'm assuming if you're the white ball that I can hit either other ball first go 3 or more rails then hit the other ball its a point
Now if i hit the red ball then the yellow then go 3 rails I'm assuming no point?
Or if I hit the red ball then 2 rails then the yellow then another rail ? No point?

It can be much when you first play.
In any fashion, 3 rails minimum must be struck before striking the 3rd ball, or second object ball.

From the break however, the red ball must be played first, not the other object ball

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It can be much when you first play.
In any fashion, 3 rails minimum must be struck before striking the 3rd ball, or second object ball.

From the break however, the red ball must be played first, not the other object ball
Some other uncommon exceptions/clarifications to the rule:

The cushion contacts may all be on the same cushion.
If the cue ball is frozen to a cushion, it is forbidden to shoot into that cushion.
Bouncing the cue ball up on the top of the cushion multiple times counts as only one cushion.

Like I said, uncommon.

Reactions: bbb

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are thinking far too much.

Shooter has to strike both balls and contact 3 or more rails prior to striking the 2nd ball.