$30 for a piece of chalk...What's your favorite chalk to use?

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
Buddy called me last night and asked if I could spare a couple pieces of Triangle. I may just hand him the 20 or so cubes I have left from my gross bought decades ago.

signed: Toam Convert

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a v10 convert..used the same piece for 8 months now and I shoot a lot. It should easily last 10 months..so I'll cough up 20 bucks every so often for less mess and miscues

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
I just ordered two 9-packs of V10 directly from Taom. With shipping, it’s costing me just over $14 per piece. If I can sell some of them to our V10 converted users here for $20 apiece, I’ll make up enough $ to pay for my own usage, but otherwise, at age 66, I’ll have more than a lifetime supply!

SeniorTom

What doesnt make sense in my statement.
I guess I had a hard time understanding why a heater in the basement would make a difference with pool chalk? Anyways, the more I use my V10, the more I like it. Once a game, and probably could even skip a game before a re-chalk.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am using the Predator 1080 chalk since it was released.
Love the value for the money.

SeniorTom

I am using the Predator 1080 chalk since it was released.
Love the value for the money.
Predator is ok, but it gets all over the table. When I use it I noticed dark spots on the cloth after I chalk up and strike the cue ball. At first I wondered if I had spilled something on my cloth, but it was from a fresh chalk from Predator 1080. I use the Taom V10 and I get zero chalk on the table cloth. Also I use much much less chalk because it stays on the cue much longer. I really don't care for predator anymore because of this, and think Taom is heads and tails above it. I would definitely purchase again over predator and most other chalks. At the rate I use Taom V10, it isn't really that expensive at all.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Predator is ok, but it gets all over the table. When I use it I noticed dark spots on the cloth after I chalk up and strike the cue ball. At first I wondered if I had spilled something on my cloth, but it was from a fresh chalk from Predator 1080. I use the Taom V10 and I get zero chalk on the table cloth. Also I use much much less chalk because it stays on the cue much longer. I really don't care for predator anymore because of this, and think Taom is heads and tails above it. I would definitely purchase again over predator and most other chalks. At the rate I use Taom V10, it isn't really that expensive at all.
oh ok.... i don´t have the problem with the chalk on the cloth. Maybe a batch problem?
I chalk before every stroke because it belongs to my stroke rhythm, so more expensive chalk that stays longer on the tip is not the right "thing" for me.

SeniorTom

I chalk before every stroke because it belongs to my stroke rhythm,
I think a lot of players have difficulty with changing their rhythm pattern, and understandably so. I still often times reach for my chalk when I don't have to, trying to fill the mental voids between shots.

Mikkes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think a lot of players have difficulty with changing their rhythm pattern, and understandably so. I still often times reach for my chalk when I don't have to, trying to fill the mental voids between shots.
It's a typical habit of oldschool player like me. Typical like to forget the chalk on the cushion when you leave the table.

Das Cue-Boot

Exactly my experience with Predator and Taom, either Pyro or V10. Predatorand a couple other medium priced chalks are in my giveaway or “leave and forget” pile.

TrxR

I've tried Predator chalk but find it quite dirty. Have switched to Taom and won't go back. I find the Taom last longer even with chalking every shot.

telinoz

Registered
I will start a Go Fund Me... to stop chalk threads on here, ha ha!

Beating a dead horse is not a suitable term anymore for this.....

And, at least make an effort to use the Search feature on the forum ffs.