36-Ball RUNOUT CHALLENGE

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
That was meant as a compliment. It's a quote from the movie Jeremiah Johnson.

That’s what I thought, and I recognized the quote, but I didn’t know what you were complimenting specifically.

Thanks,
Dave

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
FYI, I just posted a new video that demonstrates a fun challenge that will give you good 8-ball and straight-pool practice. Just rack 36 balls and break and run them in any order. Check it out:

As always, I look forward to your feedback, comments, questions, complaints, and requests.

I hope some of you guys decide to participate!

FYI, we've had more people enter the 36-Ball Runout Challenge. Here are links to the videos:

Dr. Dave Alciatore
Florian "Venom" Kohler
Jason Hal
Tyler Voorhees
Lil' Chris
Juan Rendon

Let's see more AZB'ers give it a go!

Good luck,
Dave

Last edited:

NevadaP

I'm not a medical doctor (my PhD is in mechanical engineering), but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :cool:

( I suspect younger people who didn't watch TV years ago won't understand the reference, but I thought I would try anyway.)
And I'm pretty sure I've seen you 'play one on TV'

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was(is?) a bar in Wichita KS (shooters on S. Hydraulic) that had a standing challenge to run 36 balls on a bar table. If you ran the balls you got $100. The handicap was the odds. Everyone regular had their own individual odds. I think I had to bet $25 to win the $100. Jr. Brown was the highest at that time and he had to bet $300 to win the $100.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
There was(is?) a bar in Wichita KS (shooters on S. Hydraulic) that had a standing challenge to run 36 balls on a bar table. If you ran the balls you got $100. The handicap was the odds. Everyone regular had their own individual odds. I think I had to bet $25 to win the $100. Jr. Brown was the highest at that time and he had to bet $300 to win the $100.

We haven't anybody post a 36-ball Runout Challenge video yet on a bar box. I'd like to see it. I also hope to spend some time tying it some day. Should be fun.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We haven't anybody post a 36-ball Runout Challenge video yet on a bar box. I'd like to see it. I also hope to spend some time tying it some day. Should be fun.
I would do it except that I'm at least 2 months from getting my home room set up and I am not going out and about right now.

I was there when Jr Brown bet $300 and ran em out on his first attempt. They took his name off the board and wouldn't let him try again. lol.