45 Ball Challenge

mrparks

Registered
Have you attempted it? If so, how’d you do?
The game- Break a rack of 45 balls. Ball in hand on first shot after break and run as many balls as possible without a miss or scratch.
You get 4 racks to try and run 60 balls total.

Attachments

• 3C5CB324-F237-476F-8E66-410B7C31A574.jpeg
    3C5CB324-F237-476F-8E66-410B7C31A574.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: Pin

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The game- Break a rack of 45 balls. Ball in hand on first shot after break and run as many balls as possible without a miss or scratch.
They used to have this at Shooters in Wichita. Or a similar version. You broke 45 balls on a 6' bar table and then tried to run them out. I don't remember if you got BIH or not. If you succeeded you got $100. The odds were your bet. So for a normal person they had to bet $5 a try. I think I had to bet $20. I only tried once and did not succeed.

Junior Brown was the highest and had to bet $300 per try. Just for perspective.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How do you go about getting a tight rack, which I’m guessing is key to giving one a decent chance at a high run?

mrparks

Registered
How do you go about getting a tight rack, which I’m guessing is key to giving one a decent chance at a high run?
The rack used is 3X the size of a normal rack. Very hard to get a true frozen rack but you can get pretty close.

bmsclayton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can watch Justin Bergman, Fedor Ghorst, Kristina Tkach try it tonight. We have a lot of video on people trying it and it is a ton of fun. Become a supporter on The Players Club page to see a whole week of non stop action. Pass is good for 30 days as well. stlplayersclub

middleofnowhere

Registered
I don't know about 45 but I used to have a 21 ball rack. We used to have a lot of fun with that thing we would play straight pool with 21 balls.

I forgot, I also had balls numbered 16 to 21. Thats why I had such a big rack. There is actually games played with the 21 balls.

Last edited:

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I messed around with 2 full sets and 2 cb...it was bordering on interesting, but it was too easy to bury the other guys cb with so many balls on the table.