marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice out. But now I have to ask: What is the deal with the maple leaf (on your shirt and other's)? As a Canadian, my eye is always caught by that symbol!

Thats easy to explain actually :) The club owner's name in czech means "little maple" so he named the club Maple Pool Club (MPC in short) ;)

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like everyone is having great time. Beautiful place to compete and have fun. Nice run out.

Exactly! Everybody is having a great time at Pardubice Open, for example Huidji See came to compete for the 4th time now not just because of prize money which is so-so for the tournament this big but for the atmosphere and friendship, also the equipment is top notch (Diamond tables with Simonis 860 cloth, Duramith balls) and czech beer doesnt need any introduction :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: And while Maple club guys are the brains of the whole operation Maple club gals are the heart of it, they run the catering tent for like 18 hours a day 4 days in a row. It was no coincidence that the field of 192 was full 4 months prior to the tournament with waiting list about 40 names deep:eek:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing this and congrats on a high finish :cool:
I have to admire your stroke and fundamentals in general, your game is easy on the eyes and there is a similiar fearless feel to it like with Earls and Chris Mellings game. I like it!

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Took me a week to get around to this, but ..... nice runout, Marek!

I see that your back-hand hold is with the full hand, wrist bent, palm on top. Have you always held the cue that way, or is it a solution you have developed to a problem you might have had with a straighter wrist?

[I try all sorts of grips/holds.]

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Took me a week to get around to this, but ..... nice runout, Marek!

I see that your back-hand hold is with the full hand, wrist bent, palm on top. Have you always held the cue that way, or is it a solution you have developed to a problem you might have had with a straighter wrist?

[I try all sorts of grips/holds.]

The way i grip the cue allows me to have my cue perfectly "under" my forearm and not "next" to it if it makes any sense to you :)

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The way i grip the cue allows me to have my cue perfectly "under" my forearm and not "next" to it if it makes any sense to you :)

Yes, I understand, and you certainly are not alone in doing it that way.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Last week there was a big 8ball tournament here in Czech Republic with 191 players out of 15 countries. I managed to snap 5th place with some good shooting (though mentally I ran out of fuel in quarterfinals as I did some stupid mistakes in that match). Anyway I ran one really tough rack in the last 16 after my opponents dry break, vid of that run out I would like to share. Have fun! :thumbup:

https://youtu.be/ELTgTpfBe-A?t=1011

Hey pal, I'm just getting around to seeing this thread and watching the video. Outstanding poise and control...your pacing around the table as steady and in charge, and you handled the rack like a boss.
The third to last shot, was the one that could catch you because it's right there where you got through the difficulty levels and just 2 balls away from the 8...I tend to lose concentration and miss those at that point, but you stayed with it.

I saw another Merek break into the top 50 in Fargo....you are on the way to catch him.