4th Edition Blue Book of Cues

deadstroke7

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just got a 3rd Edition and had WAY too much fun reading it.:eek:

IS/Was/will there be any plans for a 4th Edition? It sounded like the author had some trials in publishing the 3rd Edition.:rolleyes:

I was hoping someone in AZ land would have some good information on if there will be a 4th Edition Blue Book of Cues.:wink:

:joyful:
 
Last edited:
deadstroke7...One of our AzB posters is the publisher of the Blue Book of Cues. There were several problems with the 3rd Edition, that had nothing to do with the publisher. As far as I know, I don't believe there are current plans to publish a new edition anytime soon. It was a LOT of work to do the previous editions.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Perhaps they will respond here, if not ... someone remind me and I'll shoot a PM and see if they have plans.

LWW
 
Aren't there details in the 3rd edition that aren't correct? The time and effort to update it, confirm the details, and add additional information its quite exhaustive. Would be nice to see a 4th edition. I see AZB as a type of blue book. If you scan the posts for keywords and note key details, you could appraise a cue.
 
Aren't there details in the 3rd edition that aren't correct? The time and effort to update it, confirm the details, and add additional information its quite exhaustive. Would be nice to see a 4th edition. I see AZB as a type of blue book. If you scan the posts for keywords and note key details, you could appraise a cue.

If the Blue Book of Cues was online, how much would people pay for a yearly membership?

Fred
 
If the Blue Book of Cues was online, how much would people pay for a yearly membership?

Fred

If it had good high res pics that I could print off, I'd pay $20 per year. It'd be like an online cuemaker magazine, which would be awesome I think. I think cuemakers are the "rock stars" of the pool world anyways.

Fred, is this at all a possibility?

Eric
 
The Blue Book IS online, https://store.bluebookinc.com/Ecom/ProductDetail.aspx?Industry=3&id=75
with one-, two-, and three-year subscriptions.. Perhaps it would work better to revise it yearly rather than to wait for a complete 4th edition to come out in print.

I agree with you, maybe it would be better for them to put more time and effort into the online version. They already have a submission incentive for the print version, why not focus on an incentive program for the online version. It would practically update itself and people would pay for subscriptions if they weren't contributors. Say someone contributes 1 cue that gets accepted, then they get 1 year free subscription. That would be awesome.
 
Back
Top