Latimer 50.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 261
  • Latimer innings.jpg
    Latimer innings.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 257

cstrombe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By the way, there are two bugs in those displays that have already been fixed in the next app release. The "win" listed in Dennis's column in the inning display, and the "100% (11/11)" listed for Ed's misses in the stat display (should be 11/12 misses, and the one foul). Hope to release app update in a few weeks...

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, the end was very amusing -- something to do with the unexpected nature of the cue ball taking a parabolic trip off the table combined with Ed's unflappable demeanor.

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the post and its uploaded vid, Dennis.

The vid very nicely illustrates so many things, particularly for players who haven't realized that only playing the short rack games doesn't round out your skill sets the way that the addition of some time spent learning and playing 14.1 always does.

For instance, how critical the differences in inches of cue ball movement can be (and the game that teaches those finesse movements so well -- 14.1). I'm certain that Ed wishes he had gotten just a couple more inches of draw (as he no doubt intended) when he shot that 15-ball in the side, which would have made getting himself up near the head rail (using his next side pocket shot) to use the 5 as his key ball to get on his intended break ball rather straight forward and unquestionably avoid what happened to end his run. We've all had runs ruined exactly like that when we got into a position of having to do so much extra with the CB.

Ed's lifetime high run must be rather estimable judging from this vid alone.

Also I never thought of it before, but 14.1 -- with its preferred compact CB movement -- is a discipline that is very friendly for several reasons to players who shoot with eyeglasses, as compared to the CB-high-travel short rack disciplines.

Thanks again for the post.

Arnaldo

Last edited:

michael4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I also wanted to say I really like the way Ed plays, it seems somewhat predictable (in a good way) nothing too fancy, just getting the job done, I think a very good role model for lots of players

dmgwalsh

Straight Pool Fanatic
Silver Member
Thanks for the post and its uploaded vid, Dennis.

The vid very nicely illustrates so many things, particularly for players who haven't realized that only playing the short rack games doesn't round out your skill sets the way that the addition of some time spent learning and playing 14.1 always does.

For instance, how critical the differences in inches of cue ball movement can be (and the game that teaches those finesse movements so well -- 14.1). I'm certain that Ed wishes he had gotten just a couple more inches of draw (as he no doubt intended) when he shot that 15-ball in the side, which would have made getting himself up near the head rail (using his next side pocket shot) to use the 5 as his key ball to get on his intended break ball rather straight forward and unquestionably avoid what happened to end his run. We've all had runs ruined exactly like that when we got into a position of having to do so much extra with the CB.

Ed's lifetime high run must be rather estimable judging from this vid alone.

Also I never thought of it before, but 14.1 -- with its preferred compact CB movement -- is a discipline that is very friendly for several reasons to players who shoot with eyeglasses, as compared to the CB-high-travel short rack disciplines.

Thanks again for the post.

Arnaldo

Arnaldo: after the run ended, we discussed how, had he taken a few more seconds on each of the prior few shots, it probably would have been easy to get the correct angle to follow up into the kitchen to get on the key ball. When he got the wrong angle, he tried to come with a ton of draw and we all saw the result.

I think Ed's lifetime high run is 100 or so, several times. Even now, he is always a threat to run 40s, 50s and 60s quite often. Sometimes, it is just a momentary lapse in concentration that ends his runs.