7' Valley Bar Tables

cuenga

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking to open a pool hall in louisiana and need (5) 7' Valley Bar Tables in good condition. Willing to pick up. PM me if you can help me out.

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Looking to open a pool hall in louisiana and need (5) 7' Valley Bar Tables in good condition. Willing to pick up. PM me if you can help me out.
Vegas after the APA nationals are over might be a good place to get some.
I would check with whoever sets up those tables.

Flats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Valley Tables

I have 5 8ft Valley Bar boxes, have time / rack capability with 8 D cell batterys, have bill acceptor but need 110 to run, plug in under table. Good shape, new rails, will recover 9/2 with Simonis 860.....Flats

719-588-9895
Alamosa, Colorado 81101

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
Have you tried talking to Diamond about their "No Excuses Program" for their 7' SmartTables?

Brian

Mark Griffin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
7' valley tables

I did not play on any of the tables at the APA event (I am not a member) BUT the vendor tables are TERRIBLE.

I should state that I am a partner in Diamond - but that is not the issue. The three vendor tables I saw had rails that are 1/8 too high - they rebound real bad.

The rail cloth is so loose you can pinch the rail cloth with your fingers - the rails have been recovered and have the obvious fold at ALL pockets. That is NOT how you do rails.

Talking to the vendors - they are very unhappy with the tables.

I know that if we had tables like that at any of our events, we would get trashed on the forums. The point is not to trash the compeietion, the purpose of this post is to vent some of my frustration. We bust our butt to provide the very best for everyone and it seems like nobody cares!!!!

Maybe someone can tell me why!!!

Mark Griffin

Rockin' Robin

Mr. Texas Express
Silver Member
Why you ask. It is the pool biz plain and simple. The tables could be solid gold with sterling silver rails, diamond sights, and 100% pure silk cloth, but that wouldn't be good enough for the knockers and know-it-alls who do not have anything good to say about anyone or anything that differs from what they believe.

Same thing in the cue biz, the tournament biz, and all aspects of the sport. You think you have satisfied hundreds if not thousands of players and customers, but just a few nay-sayers that some look up to as gurus, counter act all the hard work and dedication you have strived to achieve.

Keep hammering away, keep on doing what you do best. You cannot make everyone happy, but you can keep the majority entertained and sated, sod the rest. Robin Adair

btoneill

Keeper of the Cheese
Silver Member
The rail cloth is so loose you can pinch the rail cloth with your fingers - the rails have been recovered and have the obvious fold at ALL pockets. That is NOT how you do rails.

You mean things like this?
DSC00885_JPG.jpg

and
DSC00907_JPG.jpg

These are pictures APA posted on their website of the tournament this year...

In case anyone missed it, the wonderful fabric folds at the corner and side pockets...

Brian

Last edited:

rackem

SUPPORT CLUB MEMBERSHIP
Silver Member
Who set them up?

I ain't never seen pockets folded like that.
Absolutely Ridiculous.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
That's because VENDORS only pay about $50-$70 to recover their pool tables, and they want them recovered FAST as to not slow down the quarters going into the coin chutes! It's not about pool with vendors, it's about the quarters! So, quality has nothing to do with the quantity of tables that get recovered for events like this! It's the same reason why Valley is blind to the fact that it's not just the CUE ball which is why the tables play so bad, it's the whole design of the tables...even if they came out with a perfect rolling cue ball....it still wouldn't roll straight on a table that is swayback down the middle of the frame....it'll still roll off no matter what! So, why should they care about how the tables look with new cloth on them....when that has NOTHING to do with counting QUARTERS!:D

Glen

PoolSharklv

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I care

I did not play on any of the tables at the APA event (I am not a member) BUT the vendor tables are TERRIBLE.

I should state that I am a partner in Diamond - but that is not the issue. The three vendor tables I saw had rails that are 1/8 too high - they rebound real bad.

Talking to the vendors - they are very unhappy with the tables.

I know that if we had tables like that at any of our events, we would get trashed on the forums. The point is not to trash the compeietion, the purpose of this post is to vent some of my frustration. We bust our butt to provide the very best for everyone and it seems like nobody cares!!!!

Maybe someone can tell me why!!!

Mark Griffin

I care about the tables you provide for tournaments and all of us that that play whether locally or on a national stage should be grateful that you are willing to bust your butt to build a great product. Your no lose option has made it possible for me to upgrade more equipment faster and increased my revenue immediately.

BTW - you don't have much of a butt left to bust.. If I didn't like Mrs. G so much I prob wouldn't talk to you but I still like your tables :)

John

PS You got the 8