9-Ball Situation - What Would YOU Do?

Jude:
...what's your point?

If you'd stop with all the drama it wouldn't be buried. Here it is again:

Kicking with holdup spin can't be as accurate as kicking without it.

I think I've said it enough times now that other players might be inclined to check it out before making up their own minds.

pj
chgo
 
Back to the shot. Don't know if it's been mentioned, but a shot that can work here is to slow roll the cue ball so that it freezes on the nine, but freezes parallel to the long rail. This way your opponent can't easily play a safety because he can't go downrail with the cue ball.

Kicking is only a good option if the nine is a quarter inch off the rail or so, and I agree bending the cue ball some with low left gives a little more margin for error.

The double kiss shot works better if the nine is nearer the center of the rail, because the nine will come up a little off the rail and could leave a shot in the corner pocket.

You guys maybe have to agree to disagree. Some players play some shots more accurate than others. I like bending the cue ball some myself on that shot, but I can understand someone using less english and feeling more accurate with it. On one hand you have more accuracy because of the direction of the cue ball, and on the other more accuracy because of lack of english. Could be a personal preference.

Danny
 
Last edited:
Patrick Johnson said:
If you'd stop with all the drama it wouldn't be buried. Here it is again:

Kicking with holdup spin can't be as accurate as kicking without it.

I think I've said it enough times now that other players might be inclined to check it out before making up their own minds.

pj
chgo


Good luck to you. Shoot well in life.
 
Back
Top