9' Pool Table Spacing Question

dalcombright

Registered
Hey all, not sure if people know the answer to this or not, but figured I would see. In my room being setup currently, we have a 9' Olhausen table going in. I know the spacing is 14'x18' for full cue access, which we have without a problem. My question though is, if I have a shuffleboard table behind it, which needs 31" off the wall, do I now need 7' (to center) + 31" or do shuffleboard tables sit so that they are not an obstruction to a pool cue?

Do I have the space, yes. Would I prefer to not have to have have my table 7' + 31" into the room if I can, yes, which is why I am asking. I was hoping to get away with maybe 25" or so to give my dart board space and bar some breathing room. If I can not I still have no obstructions, again, this is more to see if a shuffleboard table is an obstruction or not.

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
5' all around at pool table height is recommended. So if it sits lower, and doesn't obstruct a cue swing it could be within the 5' space.

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I have seen that 5 foot on all sides of the table is ok if you have a table with a wide rail......... like gold crowns or diamonds............. if you have furniture style like many home tables.... with narrow rails.... it may not be enough

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen that 5 foot on all sides of the table is ok if you have a table with a wide rail......... like gold crowns or diamonds............. if you have furniture style like many home tables.... with narrow rails.... it may not be enough
As long as it’s not much higher than the 31”-32” rail height, 4’ from the pool table rail should be OK.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, your pool table will most probably come in at about 31 inches high as stock and the height of that table should be adjustable at least 1 to 2 inches higher. So you need to know how high the shuffleboard table comes in at to know your height clearance possibilities. However, in any event, even if you have height clearance between the two tables for the cue stick- you still need body clearance for the shooter; and the shuffleboard table needs to be at a minimum, shooter clearance distance from the table, if the height is not a problem.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... In my room being setup currently, we have a 9' Olhausen table going in. I know the spacing is 14'x18' for full cue access, which we have without a problem. ...
In that space you will likely need some short cues for a 9' table at least in the width direction.

For player comfort, you need a clear area as mentioned just above. Nothing but floor should be under the cue stick no matter what the shot, since that is where the player's feet will be. If you don't mind sitting on the shuffleboard table from time to time then you can get by with less space.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
Shuffleboard will be between 30"- 32" playing surface height. Add a few inches for the gully boards.

Nyquil

In that space you will likely need some short cues for a 9' table at least in the width direction.

For player comfort, you need a clear area as mentioned just above. Nothing but floor should be under the cue stick no matter what the shot, since that is where the player's feet will be. If you don't mind sitting on the shuffleboard table from time to time then you can get by with less space.
^^^
On my 9ft'er I am around 8.5 feet in open space from the head of the breaking rail I wanted to not feel cramped where my chairs are and this is the area with the most traffic. Nothing on any of the sides for me to ding my cues or trip on. Good luck with your set up.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
The playing area is 50 x 100. With a ball on the rail your bridge can't be much if any more than 6 inches behind the ball or your hand would be out in space. Sure there are a few guys with 59 or 69 inch cues but most will be 58.

The short dimension, from the center of table we have 25 inches of table, 6 inches of stroke and 58 inches of cue= 89 inches. Double that is 179 inches= 14' 11". I think the 6" is a little excessive (try setting up a bridge that will actually allow that on a rail) and after a lot of experimentation consider 14' 9" the minimum in order to know I won't have an issue. Length is the same idea but + 50 inches so 18' 11". If you want any seating and don't want people to have to move any time you are behind them in a chair, add 3 feet.

For the shuffleboard, yes it is likely low enough to be under a cue but consider that a players stance is almost as far back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

dalcombright

Registered

the room is 22'x20' roughly, plenty of 58" space around the entire table. I was just wondering if I can have the shuffleboard table in some of that 58" space or not, but it seems like not to play it safe.

dalcombright

Registered
The playing area is 50 x 100. With a ball on the rail your bridge can't be much if any more than 6 inches behind the ball or your hand would be out in space. Sure there are a few guys with 59 or 69 inch cues but most will be 58.

The short dimension, from the center of table we have 25 inches of table, 6 inches of stroke and 58 inches of cue= 89 inches. Double that is 179 inches= 14' 11". I think the 6" is a little excessive (try setting up a bridge that will actually allow that on a rail) and after a lot of experimentation consider 14' 9" the minimum in order to know I won't have an issue. Length is the same idea but + 50 inches so 18' 11". If you want any seating and don't want people to have to move any time you are behind them in a chair, add 3 feet.

For the shuffleboard, yes it is likely low enough to be under a cue but consider that a players stance is almost as far back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
thanks, I think I will just give the room to the shuffleboard table. The only people that might need to move is people playing darts in one corner as the shot line is only about 2' from the pool table, but those people are standing and can move haha.