90° Fullsplice butterlies with points made by DBK

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The very first attempt to combine full splice butterlies with long points. Still amazing even with this simple wood combo.

Attachments

• IMG_3164.JPG
    IMG_3164.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 1,132
  • IMG_3165.JPG
    IMG_3165.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 1,120
  • IMG_3166-1.jpg
    IMG_3166-1.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 1,116
  • IMG_3166.JPG
    IMG_3166.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,114

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nice

keep going with this design, then you can build me a brunswick 360 style. i think the greatest cue ever made.....

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Brunswick 360 style has full splice over butterflies. Here is a quite the opposite.

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks.
Simple right grasped the basic idea. :wink:
I also believe the Brunswick 360 design one of the most outstanding of cue building design. And there are makers who make it now in this style perfectly. Such as Jerry-R for example.:bow-down: :)
On the other hand, also is a lot of famous works in the style of a combination of point and butterflies, but only on a half-splice cues. Here I tried to make this idea, but for a full splice cue. Where the main function is performed by butterflies, and V-points only complement them. In contrast to Brunswick 360 style, where the main roles on the points (full splice crown), and additional by butterflies.
This is the first attempt, in my opinion quite successful and has the right to life. But you decide.:smile: Thank you.

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
Thanks.
Simple right grasped the basic idea. :wink:
I also believe the Brunswick 360 design one of the most outstanding of cue building design. And there are makers who make it now in this style perfectly. Such as Jerry-R for example.:bow-down: :)
On the other hand, also is a lot of famous works in the style of a combination of point and butterflies, but only on a half-splice cues. Here I tried to make this idea, but for a full splice cue. Where the main function is performed by butterflies, and V-points only complement them. In contrast to Brunswick 360 style, where the main roles on the points (full splice crown), and additional by butterflies.
This is the first attempt, in my opinion quite successful and has the right to life. But you decide.:smile: Thank you.

FANTASTIC WORK.

I keep saying it but I *need* to get one of your cues when I'm not so tied up in other stuff.

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How even are your points? They look pretty even from pics but hard to tell in pictures.

This is the usual points in the V-figurative (90*) grooves. Only much longer than usual. So they got so thin and sharp. Now the main thing is not to lose the symmetry, which turned out now. Hope I can handle it. Thanks.

ddadams

Silver Member
This is the usual points in the V-figurative (90*) grooves. Only much longer than usual. So they got so thin and sharp. Now the main thing is not to lose the symmetry, which turned out now. Hope I can handle it. Thanks.

Is the length the same then, is that what you mean?

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Usually his points have the same length even on 6 pointer full splices.

This is not entirely true :). Talking about the length of the points, I had in mind that if we make half splice cue with a such long points, their length would be about 17-18". Whereas the usual length of points on the half splice cue is about 10". I tried to make the sketch.
212881391.jpg

Now I was limited by the holes depth for core, but have idea how to make a next full slice cue with slightly different proportions of butterflies and points.

ddadams

Silver Member
This is not entirely true :). Talking about the length of the points, I had in mind that if we make half splice cue with a such long points, their length would be about 17-18". Whereas the usual length of points on the half splice cue is about 10". I tried to make the sketch.
212881391.jpg

Now I was limited by the holes depth for core, but have idea how to make a next full slice cue with slightly different proportions of butterflies and points.

What we were talking about was the end of the points matching up.

Like if you made a simple 4 point sneaky pete, are your points usually "even"? Do the tips of the points stop in the same spot?

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What we were talking about was the end of the points matching up.

Like if you made a simple 4 point sneaky pete, are your points usually "even"? Do the tips of the points stop in the same spot?

Hardly I can now make a full splice cue with such length points. Therefore, declared length 17-18 inches is virtual of course. Actual point made ​​shorter, given that they later were closed by butterflies, there was no sense to make their full length.
Note, this is only the first attempts in this direction, so be indulgent :). Later, I will try another options too.

DBK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the tips of the points stop in the same spot?

While, yes :). I hope they will be symmetrical in the finishing size as well. Now the difference from the pencil line, which can be seen in front, not more than 1 mm (~0.04 ")

Simple

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think, ddadams means in general, not this specific blank.

@ddadams
The answer in general is yes. All full splice cues made by DBK I could take a closer look since the last 5-6 years were very close to perfection.