A drill that is helping me A LOT

Amazing drill, Darren Appleton recommends it to his students. I'm struggling to make it for almost 2 months.
 
Nice work! That was also one of the last $100 Challenge Racks I hosted a while back. It was completed and he won the cash. Looks like you could have too!

http://www.fastnloosedesigns.com/#!blank/ccuk

Oh really? Making money playing pool? :eek: Who would have thought....:rolleyes:
Well when i started to practice this one two weeks ago I was happy to get to 5, more often than not I messed my speed on 2 or 3...but somehow at the end of the first practice session I was able to run it out. Since then i improved my consistency with this type of position play and I can really see how useful this drill is, I totally shocked myself when i ran 4 racks of 15 ball (in rotation, bih after the break) in a row a week ago, I have never strung two racks of it before :eek:
I guess this particular drill is filling a hole in my game :wink:
 
Looks like you are certainly giving it a go. I'd call that "the Outside-In" Longstring Drill. Try it from the middle out someday...

Good Luck...
 
This sounds great. I'll give it a try. Can you shoot balls into the side pockets?

Thanks,

KMRUNOUT
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyLwUjcYhs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I have been practicing this drill for two weeks now and my speed control and 1-rail position game got way better. Rules are simple: balls have to be potted in rotation and only to one side of the table, cue ball cant touch the long rail, cue ball cant touch any other ball than the one you are potting. Have fun :)

Sent from my MB632 using Tapatalk 2

Yes! Very nice shooting. And as others have already mentioned, this is one of the drills in the Darren Appleton Perfect Practice video which is available on DVD or download from TAR (Theactionreport.com)

I enjoy that drill as well.

JoeyA
 
Oh really? Making money playing pool? :eek: Who would have thought....:rolleyes:
Well when i started to practice this one two weeks ago I was happy to get to 5, more often than not I messed my speed on 2 or 3...but somehow at the end of the first practice session I was able to run it out. Since then i improved my consistency with this type of position play and I can really see how useful this drill is, I totally shocked myself when i ran 4 racks of 15 ball (in rotation, bih after the break) in a row a week ago, I have never strung two racks of it before :eek:
I guess this particular drill is filling a hole in my game :wink:

Shhhhh! You will never make any money gambling if you keep "spilling the beans".

JoeyA
 
Shhhhh! You will never make any money gambling if you keep "spilling the beans".

JoeyA

I am no hustler,i just want to play my best,too much pride to hide my speed ;)

Sent from my MB632 using Tapatalk 2
 
Wow…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyyLwUjcYhs&feature=youtube_gdata_player
I have been practicing this drill for two weeks now and my speed control and 1-rail position game got way better. Rules are simple: balls have to be potted in rotation and only to one side of the table, cue ball cant touch the long rail, cue ball cant touch any other ball than the one you are potting. Have fun :)

Sent from my MB632 using Tapatalk 2

…that's a toughy! :eek:
Have to try that – maybe with side rails and without side rails.
Hope I'll get my Darren DVD soon… :thumbup:

Here's another drill with just ONE ball, and it may help for short position play.
START with Ball in hand – then shoot the ball to the left corner, then the right corner, …always left–right…

This one opens your eyes, how easy it is, to get OUT of position!
My high run on this is 107, but I'm very happy getting 30-50 balls!!!



Have fun!
 
Back
Top