716da1e115291793e5002a087dbd807a.jpg

f9db251ebe41c9837a2e175852b55250.jpg

2cfbac0da6cdc8138789919f6693ab24.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that the back of Stu's head?! :)

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Fatboy, how do you clock JRB's game and who was he playing?
He was playing Tommy Medina from Detroit getting 9/8. Tommy improved a lot over the last year.

JRB is a good 1P player. However he didn’t look as sharp this year at Derby as I seen him in Griffs a few months ago.

I haven’t played him in years. 13-14 years ago I beat him playing everything but 1P, however I didn’t play any 1P back then. We also played super cheap-almost free $50 & lunch a hand full of times. We are friends, we never “gambled”. After a few years of 1P I got much better at it, but never played him any 1P after the upswing in my game.

However I’m pretty sure he would have had the best of it playing me still, maybe I needed 8/7 or a hair more. We never played after I started playing 1P full time. He got busy with poker-I left Vegas.

Today I’d need 10/5 as I’m 100% out of stroke.

I don’t l know what his Fargo rating would be. He’s plays good, not a champion. 600’s for sure, not 700. Clearly he holds up for the $ good as anyone ever.

He’s played for 30 years, he used to play Efren a lot in Hardtimes in the 90’s. He’s got massive experience over the 30 years. Tough action.

However any champion is getting a walk playing him even. He’s not an elite player.

That’s the best I can explain it. He’s got gamble

Fatboy😃

Last edited:

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
He was playing Tommy Medina from Detroit getting 9/8. Tommy improved a lot over the last year.

JRB is a good 1P player. However he didn’t look as sharp this year at Derby as I seen him in Griffs a few months ago.

I haven’t played him in years. 13-14 years ago I beat him playing everything but 1P, however I didn’t play any 1P back then. We also played super cheap-almost free $50 & lunch a hand full of times. We are friends, we never “gambled”. After a few years of 1P I got much better at it, but never played him any 1P after the upswing in my game.

However I’m pretty sure he would have had the best of it playing me still, maybe I needed 8/7 or a hair more. We never played after I started playing 1P full time. He got busy with poker-I left Vegas.

I don’t l know what his Fargo rating would be. He’s plays good, not a champion. 600’s for sure. Clearly he holds up for the $ good as anyone ever.

He’s played for 30 years, he used to play Efren a lot in Hardtimes in the 90’s. He’s got massive experience over the 30 years. Tough action.

However any champion is getting a walk playing him even. He’s not an elite player.

Fatboy😃
Thanks for the expanded reply. I watched him play Archie Karas on YouTube at Griffs a while back, but hard to tell how either of their games were from that. I was just curious. Anyone who shoots over 600 is solid, mid high 600's gets a little sporty. If you're not 700's, it's hard to compete with the pros in my opinion. I'll tell you what though...Fedor is a beast! I've been watching his live stream and loving his game.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I really like the carpet.

I forgot to mention that until now.

Also the hotel is cleaner, I didn’t get sick this year. No “Derby Flu” for a change. Food still sucked

Fatboy 😃

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the expanded reply. I watched him play Archie Karas on YouTube at Griffs a while back, but hard to tell how either of their games were from that. I was just curious. Anyone who shoots over 600 is solid, mid high 600's gets a little sporty. If you're not 700's, it's hard to compete with the pros in my opinion. I'll tell you what though...Fedor is a beast! I've been watching his live stream and loving his game.
Archie or JRB aren’t 700. Neither am I. They both play better 1P than me. I don’t think on my best day I could have beat either of them playing 1P. I just didn’t have the experience. I had a hair more fire power & banks.

Archie asked me for the 8 playing 9B back in the early 90’s before his big score. We were both broke back then. I figured I could give it to him. But at that point in my life I played “locks” only. As I was in a real tight spot.

The 8 would have been the right line. Heads up I would have the best of it. I couldn’t spot him the 7, not a chance. The 8 was correct-but I couldn’t risk the loss. Fwiw we were arguing over $100 races to 9. That’s how short we both were.

Fatboy<———clicked into a better spot about when Archie did.

Sneakypete05

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Fatboy, would you mind sharing what watch you're wearing in the picture with your friend Brad?
Thanks so much.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Fatboy, would you mind sharing what watch you're wearing in the picture with your friend Brad?
Thanks so much.
A58FCF3B-6C06-494C-8436-E2400E538D8E.jpeg

It’s a Sea Dweller I bought in spring of 2005. I paid $4000 no tax for it. I was flipping loads of watches back then.

I have the new Red Sea Dweller that came out in 2017. I got mine in 2019. I didn’t want to wear it to Derby, it’s a bit flashy.

I like the new one a little better, however I wear this one more. I’ve wore a SD as my daily watch since 99(my first Rolex).

Best
Fatboy

mattydrva

Great pics and great post! I've never attended this event as burgeoning pool fan though find the layout to be very attractive, particularly with the balcony seating, if you will. Seems like it would be fun for a couple days mid week perhaps. I'll just be sure to avoid sticking around for the 9 ball final, haha.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don’t l know what his Fargo rating would be. He’s plays good, not a champion. 600’s for sure, not 700. Clearly he holds up for the $ good as anyone ever.

Fatboy😃
I just read every word of this reply!

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
View attachment 684927

It’s a Sea Dweller I bought in spring of 2005. I paid $4000 no tax for it. I was flipping loads of watches back then.

I have the new Red Sea Dweller that came out in 2017. I got mine in 2019. I didn’t want to wear it to Derby, it’s a bit flashy.

I like the new one a little better, however I wear this one more. I’ve wore a SD as my daily watch since 99(my first Rolex).

Best
Fatboy
You need some high tech
1675176468040.png