A glimpse of Wu

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What an incredibly boring game that is. They definitely need a shot clock to play this game. It makes One Pocket look fast.
Wu makes a great two rail kick shot on his last stripe ball at the 43 minute mark. I watched one game and that was the highlight of the game. Otherwise it was safety snooze fest.

Whoever created the Chinese alphabet was a genius. I'm not sure a super computer could duplicate that today.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What an incredibly boring game that is. They definitely need a shot clock to play this game. It makes One Pocket look fast.
Wu makes a great two rail kick shot on his last stripe ball at the 43 minute mark. I watched one game and that was the highlight of the game. Otherwise it was safety snooze fest.

Whoever created the Chinese alphabet was a genius. I'm not sure a super computer could duplicate that today.
Agree on the boring part. I've tried watching it and rarely get thru more than 5 games.

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Thanks for sharing the link. I've never played on one of these Chinese 8-ball tables--I think I would enjoy playing 1000x more than watching.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing the link. I've never played on one of these Chinese 8-ball tables--I think I would enjoy playing 1000x more than watching.
Could you see these in an American poolroom? One game of 8b would take an hour. Maybe.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yea, complete snooze fest. the only c8b matches i watch are when melling, bingjie or potts play.

the chinese 9-ball players are landlocked because of covid and seemingly confined to the 8-ball scene. i don't know how well they're doing but i think haitao is the most successful

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
We have a large Asian community here and all the Chinese Halls have them. Great table to tighten up your potting but otherwise always feel a little gaffy. That plus the fact they play 8-ball makes it difficult at times to defend yourself. Balls against the rail need to be hit perfect and even then the table tolerances can beat you.

Once played some one pocket for laughs on one. The bouncy rails make for super easy multi-ball take outs. Good training tables. Otherwise no thank you.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a large Asian community here and all the Chinese Halls have them. Great table to tighten up your potting but otherwise always feel a little gaffy. That plus the fact they play 8-ball makes it difficult at times to defend yourself. Balls against the rail need to be hit perfect and even then the table tolerances can beat you.

Once played some one pocket for laughs on one. The bouncy rails make for super easy multi-ball take outs. Good training tables. Otherwise no thank you.
Making long shots down the rail is one of the most fun things you can do on a pool table and rounded pockets all but eliminate that possibility. No thanks.