A happy day for me and pool in America..Texas Open Reports

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Today is the Day!!! The Texas Open will launch tonight with the players meeting at 10pm!!

I'll be giving match reports here, when I'm not playing. Also I believe our very own ambassador of pool, Melinda Bailey will be putting up brackets!! Brackets online are a lot of extra work and she deserves a huge thanks for doing it!

Off to the office now to tie up loose ends before the big weekend!!

Back a little later with a roster!

Ray

9Ball_JJ

Newbie Fo' Life
Silver Member
Sure wish I could make it down there for this one. It's going to be a great event. Good luck to all of the AZB'ers playing in the event.

Ray, you and Melinda put me on the txt update list, since I won't have access to a computer. LOL. :D

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
??????

9Ball_JJ said:
Sure wish I could make it down there for this one. It's going to be a great event. Good luck to all of the AZB'ers playing in the event.

Ray, you and Melinda put me on the txt update list, since I won't have access to a computer. LOL. :D

That will cost you buddy!!

Ray

mandersotx

"Show Me the Moni"
Silver Member
The Dynamic Duo

Hey Ray and Melinda,

Thank you for all you do for us pool maniacs. I, too, like Juan wish I could be there but I will be checking azb, my cell phone, etc. to keep tabs on all the action.....pool action that is. Of course, if there is any other type of action going on, I hope you will fill me in on that scoop as well...:eek:

It's like you all are the Lois Lane and Clark Kent of pool; or maybe Beauty and the Beast; I will let you all figure out which one is which....:grin:

No seriously though, you all are awesome as ever and we do appreciate what you all do. I am jonesing for pool---wish I could be there.

Toodle-loo
Zsa Zsa

P.S. Tell Amanda to drive or ride back extra careful when she brings me back my new Hanshew cue that I will WIN from the raffle....:happydance:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Text updated

I will send text updates to 1 group only. If you want on it text me your number!

FYI- G cues will take credit card by phone for Crown & 7's! LOL

Ray
254-379-2569

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Texas Open

Here's an excert from Inside Pool Magazine:

The man that has won the most times is an amateur player, an executive with a furniture company in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, Bob Vanover. Mr. Vanover has won the State Championship a record eight times, including six of them in a row. For that feat and his remarkable sportsmanship, a sterling silver championship trophy standing almost three feet in height now bears his name. The Vanover Cup has engraved the name of every man to ever win the 9-ball championship of the state of Texas.

Not only did Bob Vanover win it 6 times in a row, he also is the only person to Break and run out the set with a 9 pack!!!!!

Voodoo Daddy

One Pocket 101
Bigtruck said:
Today is the Day!!! The Texas Open will launch tonight with the players meeting at 10pm!!

I'll be giving match reports here, when I'm not playing. Also I believe our very own ambassador of pool, Melinda Bailey will be putting up brackets!! Brackets online are a lot of extra work and she deserves a huge thanks for doing it!

Off to the office now to tie up loose ends before the big weekend!!

Back a little later with a roster!

Ray

Rootin for the Henson family...Dee and David. Be nice to have husband/wife state champs!!! :thumbup:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Full

Full field!!!! 128 players on the list.

If you want to take your chances on a stand-by, you must walk-in to do it!!

TTYL,

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just In

I just rolled in to the Candlewood Suites that Lewis made a deal with and I must say, niiiiiiiice! Lewis really hooked us up on this one! Full Kitchen with dishes and silverware! WTF. $69! Well worth the price and then some.

Heading over to the pool hall!

Ray

ps. G-Cues has FREE Wifi!!!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Power House

The field is in and it is very strong!!!

A few notables:

Ismael Paez
Charlie "Hillbilly" Bryant
James Davis Sr
Shawn " Big Bubba" Putnam
Shane Van Boening
Gabe Owens
Jeremy Jones
David " Lil David" Henson
Sylver Ochoa
Jui Lung Chen
Rafael Martinez
Tommy Sanders
Cliff Joyner
Mike Banks Jr.
Justin Bergman
Glenn Atwell
Mark Garza

J. Learned Hand

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just left and there was little action to speak of. I saw Cliff playing some one hole, but the game and the amount...who knows. Probably "alot to a little" if you know what I mean. I must say that our very own Ironman is a high quality TD. After his players meeting, I feel supremely confident that we will not have any gaffy tournament time changes or mishaps with him at the helm. Play begins at 9:00am. Out.

senor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
J. Learned Hand said:
I just left and there was little action to speak of. I saw Cliff playing some one hole, but the game and the amount...who knows. Probably "alot to a little" if you know what I mean.

No action in Austin:eek: ?!?! The hell you say!

By the way Judge, try not to shark Gabe or JJ too much, the next round of golf is on them if one of them wins!

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Action

The action was like a sideshow. There was some $500 9 ball between Robert Stewart & James Davis Jr. But it seemed people would rather watch Shane hit for 0!

When I left there was some cheap (practice) $50 races going on. Also David Parker had a little one hole going, didn't get an amount but not much sweating going on.

Ray

Milo

NPL CHIX, WE DID IT!!!!!
Silver Member
Updates???

I woke up today and went straight to my computer to see the promised updates!!!! lol HMMMMM
I dont see any

If you guys have some time, I would love to see some.

Thank you Melinda, I didnt look enough. I see the brackets now. Thanks

akaTrigger

Hi!
Silver Member
Milo said:
Thank you Melinda, I didnt look enough. I see the brackets now. Thanks

You're welcome!

I love wi-fi! Here is Ray Jr with Newkirk in the background:

IMG_3258a.jpg