a$$holes in apa ? not everyone

doesn't require a time out

True you had brain farts, but your captain should of been paying attention and called time out( assuming you still had it) on ya.


Just my 0.02
There are three situations in APA play where ANY player may speak up without calling timeout
They are:
1) a player about to shoot the eight without completing their category of ball
2) a player about to shoot the wrong category of balls (I.e. stripes instead of solid)
3) a player about to shoot an out-of-sequence ball ( in 9ball)

You are limited to saying "wrong ball " in this situation. ("wrong balls" if he is about to shoot his opponents category) . No other advice may be given. If the player is uncertain which category of balls he has, he may ask his opponent, who is required to answer honestly.
 
That's one of the better displays of class I've seen. I've also heard of someone allowing an opponent to shoot the wrong group in an eight ball league (prolly not apa) for six shots in a row then claiming ball in hand. it really comes down to individuals and their attitude, it's not that one league is full of serious players who call everything or the other is full of saints with relaxed attitudes. You find all kinds in any league.


Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

That probably was APA. Their rule allows them to do it EXACTLY that way.
 
That probably was APA. Their rule allows them to do it EXACTLY that way.

Probably not apa. It's allowed in any league fyi.

Most apa matches have several people watching including scorekeepers, it's pretty rare to have just the two shooters by themselves.


Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android
 
That's one of the better displays of class I've seen. I've also heard of someone allowing an opponent to shoot the wrong group in an eight ball league (prolly not apa) for six shots in a row then claiming ball in hand. it really comes down to individuals and their attitude, it's not that one league is full of serious players who call everything or the other is full of saints with relaxed attitudes. You find all kinds in any league.


Posted from Azbilliards.com App for Android

I thought if you let a foul go, after the second shot, it's moot and no longer a foul. So the first time he made the wrong ball, it's a foul, second one no longer a foul and the opponent accepted the game as is. I don't know if that rule would apply to 8 ball and which group you shoot, but it's the same general idea I would think.
 
Back
Top