A Rosewood by Any Other Name

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Silver Member
Looking at the coco vs. rosewood thread, I wanted to have a listing of all of the "true rosewoods," used in cues. I guess that means genus: dalbergia?

Cocobolo,
Kingwood,
Tulipwood,
African Blackwood,
Bois De Rose
Palisander

What else (other than wood that have "rosewood" in the name)?

Fred
 
Bubinga, African Rosewood.
Narra, Borneo Rosewood or Philippine rosewood sometimes.
Granadillo, sometimes called Mexican rosewood.
Brazilian Rosewood, the pingiest one of all imo.
 
What else (other than wood that have "rosewood" in the name)?

That tall guy on Beverly Hills cop was Rosewood, wasn't he?:)
 
Isn't Bacote considered Mexican Rosewood?

HTH <-----just because Fred hates this

Adios,

Pizza Bob
 
Cornerman said:
Looking at the coco vs. rosewood thread, I wanted to have a listing of all of the "true rosewoods," used in cues. I guess that means genus: dalbergia?

Cocobolo,
Kingwood,
Tulipwood,
African Blackwood,
Bois De Rose
Palisander

What else (other than wood that have "rosewood" in the name)?

Fred

Honduran rosewood: Dalbergia Stevensonii
Cochen rosewood: Dalbergia cochinchinensis
East Indian rosewood: dalbergia latifolia
Brazilian rosewood: Dalbergia nigra. Smells good. One of the scents in Channel #5.
 
Back
Top