pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And here is a run by Torbjörn Blomdahl -- 22-and-out. Note that the matches in the World Cups have changed to 50 points from 40.

(The Kasidokostas video in the OP seems to have been munged into a funny aspect ratio over the years.)

bud green

Dolley and Django
Silver Member
Still kills me a little bit every time I watch one of the 20+ and out videos and the guys can't keep shooting.

Snooker lets the players run all the balls after the frame has been won, Archer ran a 150 and out at 14.1 in a match and everyone wanted him to keep shooting, let's see what these guys can do.

I'm mostly joking but if someone can actually get to 20 points at three cushion, they should consider a prize fund for the highest run of the year or something to allow a player to keep shooting. Doubt any of the fans are going to complain.

Snooker has the 147, darts has the nine darter, let these guys try to set a record for a little loot.

Reactions: bbb

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Still kills me a little bit every time I watch one of the 20+ and out videos and the guys can't keep shooting.

Snooker lets the players run all the balls after the frame has been won, Archer ran a 150 and out at 14.1 in a match and everyone wanted him to keep shooting, let's see what these guys can do.

I'm mostly joking but if someone can actually get to 20 points at three cushion, they should consider a prize fund for the highest run of the year or something to allow a player to keep shooting. Doubt any of the fans are going to complain.

Snooker has the 147, darts has the nine darter, let these guys try to set a record for a little loot.
I like the fact that they don’t keep shooting...when he was at 20 in that run, he could still lose.
...he’s playing one of the greatest players in history who needs 11.
Going into exhibition mode is like shooting a rifle at a range instead of on a battle field.
...which is also why I respect Appleton’s 200 at straight pool...highest competitive run in history.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a YouTube video of a run of 21 at 3-cushion billiards. It looks easy.

The shooter is Kasidokostas from Greece. He is a former junior world champion and 2009 world champion. He is currently ranked 6th in the world. He starts behind in the match 39-29 playing to 50 points. His opponent is Dick Jaspers, the current world #1, who is often the grand average leader in tournaments.

The event is an invitational sponsored by AGIPI, a company in France. This year the format guaranteed that the top junior players would get a lot of play.
The longer a 3C run is the easier it looks.

I noticed this phenomenon decades ago watching 3C at the pool room one day.

Thx for the link Bob,

Kindest regards
Fatboy😀

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

yes, they would need a little loot, or incentive. continuing in snooker is part gamesmanship (keep your opponent cold) and part high run prize. ronnie once made 165 000 GBP, equivalent to 218 000 USD, when he scored a maximum break in the world championship. this was in the nineties.