A simple request....

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This site is awesome! Lots of great info, and civil discussion for the most part.

I have a simple request. For those of you that haven't already done so, could you :

1. Go to the USER CONTROL PANEL (User CP link in upper left).
  2. Click on the "Edit Your Details" link under "Your Profile" on the left sidebar.
  3. Scroll down to the "Additional Information" section at the bottom of the page
  4. Fill in the "Where you live" entry

I often find myself reading posts where people talk about "around here..." or "where I shoot", but have no clue where they are.

If you already have that info present, THANK YOU!

Jim

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This site is awesome! Lots of great info, and civil discussion for the most part.

I have a simple request. For those of you that haven't already done so, could you :

1. Go to the USER CONTROL PANEL (User CP link in upper left).
  2. Click on the "Edit Your Details" link under "Your Profile" on the left sidebar.
  3. Scroll down to the "Additional Information" section at the bottom of the page
  4. Fill in the "Where you live" entry

I often find myself reading posts where people talk about "around here..." or "where I shoot", but have no clue where they are.

If you already have that info present, THANK YOU!

Jim

Jim, that is a really great idea. Unfortunately, some members prefer anonymity, I think, which is why some don't use their real names. It could be for privacy reasons in some instances, though I'm not sure.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention that, so you could understand why some choose not to post where they live. :smile:

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good luck with that

jim,

i agree 100% that this information would be helpfull & interesting to know.
I started a thread a while back asking why more members did not fill out this information.
It seems that people are afraid that it will open them up to stalkers.

SLIM

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
unfortunately it can

jim,

i agree 100% that this information would be helpfull & interesting to know.
I started a thread a while back asking why more members did not fill out this information.
It seems that people are afraid that it will open them up to stalkers.

SLIM

I know several people who have had stalkers come to their front door from giving too much information on the internet. I also had a bounty on my head when some rogue sites were attacking my site and my personal pc, dozens of attacks going on all day every day for several weeks. I don't want to give those people any toe hold I don't have to.

After receiving threats, including blunt death threats, there is another issue too. If I give enough information that somebody nearby can be on my doorstep in an hour or two then they might do just that without time to think. I'd prefer they have to work a little to find me because if someone shows up on my doorstep after making threats it is going to be a headache for all concerned. Someone who made threats right here on AZB lives about an hour away. Far better for them to have to put some effort into finding me. They have time to cool off and if they come I know they have made enough effort to be considered a serious threat.

I don't hesitate to post that I live near New Orleans in every post. People know where I play and the general area I am at. People giving a state or city, even a region, help to give an idea of where their perspective is coming from without being too specific and I favor that.

As for names, I have used "Hu" for over forty years now, almost twenty-five years on the net. It is my sign off on over a hundred thousand documents too. If I wanted to hide, I'd use my real name! The name is what the person makes it not the other way around. Everywhere I post on the net I sign myself as Hu. Where sites accept two letter names my handle is Hu. I have been some places so long that they tweaked the new software to accept my "Hu" handle. :thumbup:

Hu

JCMn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can understand anonymity, but even putting a state in would be helpful. To each their own....