ABR 2Nite: Woodward and Hatch Get Drilled

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice click bait title. You have ensured I will refuse to listen now.

I hate click bait titles with an unholy passion.

Short Bus Russ

Ain't that the truth. Thank god we can mouse over thread titles and see what drivel is posted without having to even click on it.

I refuse to listen because for some stupid reason they refuse to put an audio level adjuster on their clips. Irritates the shit out of me.

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
Nice click bait title. You have ensured I will refuse to listen now.

I hate click bait titles with an unholy passion.

Short Bus Russ

If you mean that we purposely enticed you to listen, without revealing the actual content in the process, you are correct sir. There isn't anyone in the media business that doesn't employ the same concept.

Do we run you thru a gauntlet of ads and non related content on your way to the audio player? Absolutely not.

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend.

-Pete Z.

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
Ain't that the truth. Thank god we can mouse over thread titles and see what drivel is posted without having to even click on it.

I refuse to listen because for some stupid reason they refuse to put an audio level adjuster on their clips. Irritates the shit out of me.

To say that we "refused" is to imply that you have asked.
We have no record of you asking for anything.

" audio level adjuster "?

If you mean volume control, on the audio player, you can indeed control the volume.

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member

If you mean volume control, on the audio player, you can indeed control the volume.

emily post authored a piece about etiquette and how kinder, gentler and not dripping in sarcasm communication is critical in public relations unless your sharon ****abee sanders (who i like)

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
If you mean that we purposely enticed you to listen, without revealing the actual content in the process, you are correct sir. There isn't anyone in the media business that doesn't employ the same concept.

Do we run you thru a gauntlet of ads and non related content on your way to the audio player? Absolutely not.

Thanks for listening and have a great weekend.

-Pete Z.

Nobody in the media business that values their customers clickbaits them.

Jerks on YouTube who are simply trying to drive up clicks because they get paid based on clicks, THEY clickbait their customers. Because they are competing against metric craptons of whitenoise. YOU have a built in, targeted audience. There is no need to clickbait.

I submit that you likely get a lot more listeners if you do a quality interview and give out a few valid tidbits about the contents of the interview.

Like I said.. Clickbait title? No clicky for me.

Now, you could either post another smart aleck response, or try to determine if clickbaiting is actually achieving what you think it is, or whether you are doing it "just cuz everyone else is doing it".

Short Bus Russ

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Yes, volume control. And yes, it was asked before:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?393685&p=5126081#post5126081

The response given then was "but using the software that we do, a volume control on that player isn't possible."

Have you finally gotten to the modern age and added a volume control onto it?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nobody in the media business that values their customers clickbaits them.

Jerks on youtube who are simply trying to drive up clicks because they get paid based on clicks, they clickbait their customers. Because they are competing against metric craptons of whitenoise. You have a built in, targeted audience. There is no need to clickbait.

I submit that you likely get a lot more listeners if you do a quality interview and give out a few valid tidbits about the contents of the interview.

Like i said.. Clickbait title? No clicky for me.

Now, you could either post another smart aleck response, or try to determine if clickbaiting is actually achieving what you think it is, or whether you are doing it "just cuz everyone else is doing it".

Short bus russ

Your_brain_on_clickbait.jpg

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You may know this alreay, but in case you don't, in the subculture of pool groups/forums, there is a large contingency of pool peeps who criticize, criticize, and criticize, and usually never have anything nice to day. They're never content or happy, and in pool rooms a lot of these kinds of folks are known as "knockers."

It's like running a pool tournament. No matter what rules you have for the event, there will always, always, always be discontent and someone voicing their opinion as if it was pool gospel.

You are doing a good service to the pool community. Thank you for the radio broadcasts. They are precious and will be a part of history; a pool archives, if you will.

As Vince Lombardi said, there are three kinds of people in this world: those who make it happen, those who watch happens, and those who wonder what happened. Maybe a four kind should be added as those who always *****, moan, and whine about what happens.

Oh, and you, ABR, are those who make it happen. Thank you!

Reactions: ABR

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I guess I look at things a different way.
...to me, click bait is a title that doesn’t deliver..or gives you a smattering....
...in between multiple ads.

The title of this thread is a clever pun...and it delivers immediately on opening.
....I laughed when I opened it...maybe that makes me a moron...
...but I hope I stay that way.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...to me, click bait is a title that doesn’t deliver..or gives you a smattering....

The title of this thread is a clever pun...and it delivers immediately on opening.

This, exactly! A clever headline is not "clickbait". Actual "clickbait" is using misleading or downright incorrect headlines or thumbnails to trick people in to clicking a link in an effort to gain advertising revenue due to increased web page hits with out regard to delivering actual useable content. This was clearly not the motive here.

Sure they want listeners and I imagine they are looking for increased listenership in order to promote some sort of revenue, and they chose to use a cleverly worded headline in an effort to draw listeners in. The important distinctions are that the headline was not misleading and their intentions are not to simply trick you into visiting the link, but to provide you with an actual product which is of some import to some people.

You think it wise to bash and drive away any people willing to offer any sort of content regarding pool? Look around you, man! There are very few people doing anything to promote this game, and you want to bash the few that are. Good job!

Reactions: JAM

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol yeah clickbait. That’s about the most mildly clickbait headline that’s ever offended a snowflake. Clickbait would be “Sky and Dennis reveal one weird trick to up your pool game by 3 balls!” or “Sky and Dennis surprised Johann’s girlfriend, and you’ll never believe what happened next!”

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member

Your skepticism is somewhat understandable, but if you regularly visit our website, read our posts here and on Facebook, you will notice that click baiting is definitely not our modus operandi, and you will typically see a good description of what each episode contains.

Thank you for your concern.

ABR

ABR Public Relations
Silver Member
Yes, volume control. And yes, it was asked before:
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?393685&p=5126081#post5126081

The response given then was "but using the software that we do, a volume control on that player isn't possible."

Have you finally gotten to the modern age and added a volume control onto it?

Ah, I knew I remembered someone asking about it, but I couldn't find any reference to it in our email.

If the software platform we are using didn't give us the option of adding volume control to the audio player, how does that equate to us " refusing " to add one?

Isn't it reasonable to say that we didn't have a choice?

Anyway, the audio player volume can be controlled by clicking (or touching the screen) higher or lower on the progress bar. This feature is of course dependent on which browser you are using or which podcast feed you use.
The audio has always been available in a number of places on the web and each utilize a different audio player. If one doesn't work as well as you like, you have many other options available to you.

Thanks for listening and have a great day.

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
lol yeah clickbait. That’s about the most mildly clickbait headline that’s ever offended a snowflake. Clickbait would be “Sky and Dennis reveal one weird trick to up your pool game by 3 balls!” or “Sky and Dennis surprised Johann’s girlfriend, and you’ll never believe what happened next!”

Correct, and most clickbait articles are something along the lines of,

"Did these scientists just find the cure for cancer?"

A page and a half later you get the answer, which is

"No, no they didn't"

It's an enticing title with no real content or misleading content.

BassMasterK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's how I read it too. Granted I had already listened to the episode so I immediately knew what was up and chuckled. It was a cleverly worded title, not click bait.

Thank you Mr. Bond for providing such a quality show for free. It has been great to hear the interviews with the USA players as we are approaching the Mosconi Cup. Very informative to hear their views on the coach and the process and preparation this year. It is very generous of you to take the time and effort to do this for the pool community.