Active Alternatives to Ebay for selling cues.

Sev

I taut I saw a pussy cat!
Silver Member
I had not sold anything on Ebay for quite a while. I recently sold a couple of cues and got sticker shock from all the fees.

Has anybody in the community discovered any sites that have an active sales section for pool related items?

OneIron

On the snap, Vinny!
Silver Member
I had not sold anything on Ebay for quite a while. I recently sold a couple of cues and got sticker shock from all the fees.

Has anybody in the community discovered any sites that have an active sales section for pool related items?

Good question, Sev. I'm sitting on several cues because I don't want to get robbed by the eBay fees. Unfortunately, eBay has a ton of potential buyers so a sale is more likely there. :cool:

Sev

Silver Member
Good question, Sev. I'm sitting on several cues because I don't want to get robbed by the eBay fees. Unfortunately, eBay has a ton of potential buyers so a sale is more likely there. :cool:

So far I have 3 sites.

Seems the peeps dont want it advertised.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

That's what I was thinking. Seems like since the rule changes here it's all back to normal - post what you want and sell it.

I have a site www.poolcuemarket.com that is indexed daily by google and I encourage people to post their stuff there and then copy/paste the whole listing here.

It's small right now and will be for years to come but it can't hurt to post there and the format is exactly the same as far as the posting language goes.

We encourage raffles and auctions which are frowned upon here. The site is not ad-supported and so there are not any concerns about stepping on the toes of advertisers.

To maximize exposure I would post the for sale ads at many forums, as many as allow it, here is a partial list of them http://poolcuemarket.com/showthread.php?tid=5

Last edited:

TheThaiger

Banned
That's what I was thinking. Seems like since the rule changes here it's all back to normal - post what you want and sell it.

I have a site www.poolcuemarket.com that is indexed daily by google and I encourage people to post their stuff there and then copy/paste the whole listing here.

It's small right now and will be for years to come but it can't hurt to post there and the format is exactly the same as far as the posting language goes.

We encourage raffles and auctions which are frowned upon. The site is not ad-supported and so there are not any concerns about stepping on the toes of advertisers.

To maximize exposure I would post the for sale ads at many forums, as many as allow it, here is a partial list of them http://poolcuemarket.com/showthread.php?tid=5

Jimboarmy. Likes the 'bet' thread.

:D

Sev

Silver Member

We encourage raffles and auctions which are frowned upon. The site is not ad-supported and so there are not any concerns about stepping on the toes of advertisers.

I signed up on your site a few weeks ago.
I bet you were surprised. :wink::)

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I signed up on your site a few weeks ago.
I bet you were surprised. :wink::)

Not really. It's not a personal thing with me. I put that site up to test out some things I have ideas on. Who is a member and who isn't doesn't really matter as long as they don't troll or spam the forum.

Sev

Silver Member
Not really. It's not a personal thing with me. I put that site up to test out some things I have ideas on. Who is a member and who isn't doesn't really matter as long as they don't troll or spam the forum.

2 things I dont do.
Needling you on the occasion is good sport though. :wink::D

Sev

Silver Member
Looks like its pretty lean out there.

To bad it looks like Amazon auctions only has production equipment.

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sev

Did you ever come up with some alternate sites worth messing with or where you did put something up.

bill

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sev

when the mess started here a few months ago i started looking around and found, ' billiard market ' its small but growing, i have sold more there than on ebay lately.
and i agree i am about done with ebay.

chuck starkey

vasilios

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
when the mess started here a few months ago i started looking around and found, ' billiard market ' its small but growing, i have sold more there than on ebay lately.
and i agree i am about done with ebay.

chuck starkey

Thanks Chuck,will take a look at it.

bill