Actual Brunswick Gold Crown iii vs Brunswick Centurion review

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
A little update. Definitely the balls. Every stroke sticking on the cue ball and the 5 ball sounds like broken glass when I hit it. So waiting on balls! I can’t even get any spin on them with an elk master. They gotta be garbage. Time to stop. Going to burn the new cloth with these bad boys. When all was said and done the pockets ended up a little tighter than planned.
1633641215859.jpeg

1633641238227.jpeg

1633641522305.jpeg

They play nicer than expected though!

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Ya got me.
Update. So there was no sag in the frame. Everything went together fine. Table doesn’t budge with a regular nudge or a bump, but might move slightly if I tried to budge it. Balls were crap. I have a set of old premiums to use now until some super aramith pros get here. Balls ride rails fine, and go past side pockets fine. So rails are not warped. Banks ok, but will know better when the new non yellowed /non abused balls come. Right now I can’t make that over and back bank that goes past the side and then in. If you don’t know what I’m talking about-Let’s play some banks! Could be the balls, could be the rails. All I know is it goes all day at the hall on a gold crown.

Last edited:

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
New cloth wouldn't let that 2-3 rail side pocket bank go on my GC4. Once it broke in it goes with ease.

Also had new Superspeeds on the table. You can twist straight backs and all that stuff now.

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
Looks like corners will be around 4-1/2” to 4-5/8”. They almost made them 4-3/8” but that probably wouldn’t be much fun for the people I’ll be playing with most of the time. They could only get the sides down to around 5-1/4”. The sides were almost 5-3/4” to start with. Those things were buckets!

The rails are ready to go. The cushions were actually good to go. So that means a loose bolt or 2 must’ve made them seem dead before. I did have them replace 2 of the cushions because the pocket angles were incorrect.

If anybody has a dead rail or needs a replacement superspeed cushion but not a full set, I have 4-47” rubbers to sell that will probably be listed in the for sale section later. Or I’d consider a partial trade on them for a good used set of aramith pros. So cushions plus cash for the balls.
View attachment 612432
Anyone that would only replace 2 cushions is not someone that you should hire to set up your table.
Full set, or none. No exceptions.

Anyone considering your review and comparison should have an understanding that the playability of a table will be STRONGLY affected by the quality of installation. In this case, you did not use a quality installer.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Anyone that would only replace 2 cushions is not someone that you should hire to set up your table.

Anyone considering your review and comparison should have an understanding that the playability of a table will be STRONGLY affected by the quality of installation. In this case, you did not use a quality installer.
That was kind of my doing not theirs. They only replaced 2 because the pockets were cut at the wrong angle. None of them were dead to start with. They tried to stretch the 2 rails an 1/8” to fix it at first. When that didn’t work. They gave me the option to leave the miscut pockets, replace them all, or just the 2 miscut ones. I still paid the same price as it would have been to change all 6 and they informed me of it, but the rails were fine to start with. So why bother. Especially after they had spent the extra time attempting to fix them free of charge. I can’t tell the difference between the new and old right now anyway.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
This should have been a red flag you hired the wrong guys.
I’m no pool technician. It did hit me by surprise when they said they will try to stretch them. They said it wouldn’t affect the play too. I’ll know for next time. I don’t plan on the simonis lasting very long. I already want to change it because all the burns from the bad balls. Hell maybe they didn’t stretch it right. Shit! Now I’m wondering.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
This should have been a red flag you hired the wrong guys.
I have a pretty weird sense of humor. And It’s getting kind of funny on the table at this. I have a bunch of white burns from first balls and now some yellow ones from the old set of premiums I’m using. The yellows are no where near as bad as the ones from those plastic balls. And now my woman wants to get pink chalk. 🤷‍♂️ Table is going to look like a circus soon!

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!

I think there’s a tournament coming up soon so we’ll see. All that I know is mine plays better than the GC
I was playing on over there. Some of you might know the place…. Chicagoland area. Only table I played on was second from the small bar and balls won’t roll past side pockets without hitting nipple. Pretty sure both sides! I hope it was just that table. Mine won’t do that cause rails are 1 piece…

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think there’s a tournament coming up soon so we’ll see. All that I know is mine plays better than the GC
I was playing on over there. Some of you might know the place…. Chicagoland area. Only table I played on was second from the small bar and balls won’t roll past side pockets without hitting nipple. Pretty sure both sides! I hope it was just that table. Mine won’t do that cause rails are 1 piece…
The balls not passing the side pockets has nothing to do with the one piece long rail design and everything to do with who worked on the table. The rubber could have been improperly installed, the cloth fold at the side pocket opening could have been poorly done or the rails were haphazardly installed with no attention to detail.

Last edited:

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a pretty weird sense of humor. And It’s getting kind of funny on the table at this. I have a bunch of white burns from first balls and now some yellow ones from the old set of premiums I’m using. The yellows are no where near as bad as the ones from those plastic balls. And now my woman wants to get pink chalk. 🤷‍♂️ Table is going to look like a circus soon!
There's no getting around burn marks, it's part of the game. Lessor quality balls will leave more severe burn marks than a premium set. It would be a HARD no from me on the pink chalk.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
Honestly I’ve just been really bored the past couple weeks. And excited as hell because I’m back to playing after an almost 20year hiatus. So yeah I’m excited. I started playing when I was 5 and played all day every day. My parents even have a picture of me on a milk crate shooting. Was winning small 8ball tournaments against grown adults by 12. Took some time off til 18 because I was working out 4 hours a day😉😘then back to pool hall. Didn’t learn how to play 9 ball until I was 18! Well never played 9 ball at all until 18. No bs! Lost my shot at 21(ive had a few issues with right bicep tendon and shoulders over the years). and quit. Well I think my shot came back to me at 40. I legitimately didn’t even want to see a table for the first 10 years off because I wanted to go pro by 25. Not even go pro. I wanted to at least go to one of those big ass open tournaments at least once by 25.

I have a landscaping company and the season is winding down plus my job at UPS has been slow. So I have been on here a lot too. When you post a response on a thread isn’t it nice to get a quick response?

Last edited:

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
I get the excitement. I started playing at 27-28, I bought a house too small for my table and mask mandates kicked in at 32 so I stopped playing but before all that I played basically every free minute I had and stayed up too late each night besides. Now I’m back at it and find myself on this site every day again too

Willowbrook Wolfy

Your wushu is weak!
I get the excitement. I started playing at 27-28, I bought a house too small for my table and mask mandates kicked in at 32 so I stopped playing but before all that I played basically every free minute I had and stayed up too late each night besides. Now I’m back at it and find myself on this site every day again too
Thanks! See I’m not the only one measureman. But I do tend to talk a lot. Plus this post, the Valhalla post, and others are put up by me to help out players who want to know, or want to have a small discussion on them. You want to write a book on a thread I started. I’ll read it. A lot of players are just as hyped but don’t like starting threads. Surely there are a lot of members here have probably seen the same threads 50 times over. It’s hard to navigate the forums if you are looking for specific things and even finding what you are looking for doesn’t always help. who wants to revive threads from 2010?

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks! See I’m not the only one measureman. But I do tend to talk a lot. Plus this post, the Valhalla post, and others are put up by me to help out players who want to know, or want to have a small discussion on them. You want to write a book on a thread I started. I’ll read it. A lot of players are just as hyped but don’t like starting threads. Surely there are a lot of members here have probably seen the same threads 50 times over. It’s hard to navigate the forums if you are looking for specific things and even finding what you are looking for doesn’t always help. who wants to revive threads from 2010?
I’m here and ain’t played 5 hours in the last 5 years

Best
Fatboy