Adjustment out of line?

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if i wee really gambling,i would mark tis guy down as someone to avoid
a bit of a nit

if i ever win 5 in a row and an opponent ask to adjusy,unless there is a long long history.
i adjust i give the guy a chance to lose all he has. i am not there to brag about winning,
my plan is to win it all. I usually like to raise the bet and adjust at the same time.

In the art of matching up we find the correct move to be,sure i will give you 9 to 6 but lets double the bet,
and make it a set to 4 for twice the bet

Questions like this protect you from the ultimate move on his part of wanting to adjust and then quit if he loses the first game

if the game suddenly goes his way we can adjust back,but he won't quit me because i am a nit

I never never entertain thoughts like what if he is just hustling me and now he is ready to start playing good

This is loser talk,loser thinking,scared thinking. He might be,but then again if I go hunting tigers
I don't want to be afraid to get out of the jeep because i might trip and he eats me up

in a cheap game like you describe,sometimes a fella just wants to protect his victory.why?
who knows and frankly who cares?

There is nothing you can do,but quit with a smile on your face,play him again if you want,never play him again.you might have saved a few dollars not getting the extra weight.

In games this cheap you are saying money doesn't matter.

But your actions here show us that it bothers you

forget it,it s not worth thinking about,cheap pool is miserable and not much fun

Dean I believe this is the best post you have ever written! Great thinking:)

Only thing I disagree with is calling people nits.I think that is " loser " thinking.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if i wee really gambling,i would mark tis guy down as someone to avoid
a bit of a nit

if i ever win 5 in a row and an opponent ask to adjusy,unless there is a long long history.
i adjust i give the guy a chance to lose all he has. i am not there to brag about winning,
my plan is to win it all. I usually like to raise the bet and adjust at the same time.

In the art of matching up we find the correct move to be,sure i will give you 9 to 6 but lets double the bet,
and make it a set to 4 for twice the bet

Questions like this protect you from the ultimate move on his part of wanting to adjust and then quit if he loses the first game

if the game suddenly goes his way we can adjust back,but he won't quit me because i am a nit

I never never entertain thoughts like what if he is just hustling me and now he is ready to start playing good

This is loser talk,loser thinking,scared thinking. He might be,but then again if I go hunting tigers
I don't want to be afraid to get out of the jeep because i might trip and he eats me up

in a cheap game like you describe,sometimes a fella just wants to protect his victory.why?
who knows and frankly who cares?

There is nothing you can do,but quit with a smile on your face,play him again if you want,never play him again.you might have saved a few dollars not getting the extra weight.

In games this cheap you are saying money doesn't matter.

But your actions here show us that it bothers you

forget it,it s not worth thinking about,cheap pool is miserable and not much fun
Great post deano. Tips from the trenches.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
He doesnt move better, he just plays better? What does that mean?

A man can move better and still be underdog.
...imagine playing Joshua Filler if he knew nothing about one-pocket....
..he will still beat a lot of experienced players with his superior accuracy.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He doesnt move better, he just plays better? What does that mean?

It means that he pockets balls better,position is better and his banking are all better then me.
As far as safety's and strategy I think we are equal.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I might try him again at 8-6.
Like some of you said at $5 a game why not.
But I will tighten my defence and take less chances.

THIS... just don't leave him anything, make him take a risky
shot and sell out.. TAKE the shot when you can MAKE the shot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Lol. Really ? You think 11-8 is a bigger spot than 8-6 ?? 9-6 from 8-6 is only a 1/2 a ball.
Actually , if you can win 5 str8 8-6, you win most of the time 9-6. His opponent seems nitty to me.

Still thinking about this....I might have it confused with how I make a game.
....will ask you know who when he calls.