Advertisements

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why don't they have all the commercials they're going to run for matches before the match is played. Once they do that, the players can go without taking a break every time a commercial is shown.

I found watching The Mosconi Cup, the players never got in a rhythm.

It would be a fairer way to play.

What do you think of my idea?

http://tommcgonaglerightoncue.com

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
This is how advertising was done on public broadcast tv. Make the sponsor announcements before or after the show.

Picturing scholarly sounding sponsor endorsements. "This Mosconi cup has been bought for you by a grant from the Predator and Kamui foundation. Fade to black, then Masterpiece Theatre music intro for Daryl Appleton..

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
It's a good idea Tom but sponsors wat there adds on whem most are really paying attention...like before the break in a hill/hill match. It' the way TV is. I understand your pov as a player but it's the sponsor thay pays to put the tournament on and they want the best bang for thier buck or they walk. Johnnyt

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt,

I understand the logic behind what you are saying.

What I think they could easily do is run all the commercials and then as the balls are being racked, the announcer could remind the audience who is sponsoring the, commercial free, event. That way, the sponsors get another advertisement.

http://tommcgonaglerightoncue.com

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
It's a good idea for viewers but a bad idea for advertisers. People will tune in later to avoid seeing the commercials. Ads pay the bills for television and therefore the sponsors are going to insist the vast majority of viewers will see their ad. It's just not a good business decision.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You have to look at the bigger picture, Tommy. It isn't about the tournament. It's about the revenues generated by the tournament. :)

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MadisonAve. doesn't give a rats ass about pool. Viewership is less than bowling and thats pretty bad. Enjoy what is on and don't sweat the ads.

tom mcgonagle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just trying to help the players, they supply the product and the viewers, they buy the sponsors products.

One party shouldn't have all the power.