Advice needed about a tip change situation with three revo shafts of mine.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are not following. I did not know myself about the tip changes on any shaft, much less the revo when he did the changes. I wouldn't have known what questions to ask.

Now the last time I had a change made from a victory to a Tzar (about a month ago) I did know and wrote it out on my directions to not remove red pad.

I just logged into my Seyberts account, and I bought my first revo 3/31/2017.

Then I apologise. If you wrote it. He's responsible.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's ironic...because my assumption I would get a good response where people would take their time and read the details before offering their opinions is totally similar to my assumption that a cue maker or tip installer would research what is to be done for a particular shaft for a tip change and would not do the tip change if they didn't know how to do it.

But I am stupid twice...

1.) Tip installers (or least the one I went to) will go ahead and do the install even they don't know what they are doing

2.) Some people on a post will not read the details of the post yet can not hold themselves back from commenting.

So my stupidity times two in very similar situations. It must be a guy thing (where we don't read the instructions...I am guy too, so probably guilty as well)

Last edited:

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok...I'm quitting this thread while behind..but two thoughts:

1.) A couple of people want to post comments because they think they get to agree or disagree with someone in a profound way and that seems to get them off.

2.) Read before commenting. Hold back a bit...you don't have to react to every post. Read completely and thoroughly first.

Lesson to me:

1.) Keep your posts simple and short. Because people won't take the time to read.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote it not for the original guy...but the later guy.

I'm talking in Chinese?

I got you. My replies were based on your original post. You see where I'm coming from. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. The bottom line is, ALWAYS ask questions. If the person seems offended or insulted. Don't use his service.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm a liar and a sadist...

Would you ask your dentist how he plans to fill a cavity? Would you know what questions to ask?

Would you ask/advice how to have your wisdom teeth removed?

I think you and are I are on the same page...to ask. But at the time, I wouldn't have know what to ask. I would have thought he removed the red pad for a good reason.

I would expect a professional is whatever field he is in if he didn't know how to do something...to say 'Sorry, I am not comfortable with this. I think you should take it somewhere else"

Sorry...you seem like a good guy, but I think you are missing my point..at least so far.

Last edited:

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got you. My replies were based on your original post. You see where I'm coming from. I'm sure I'm not alone on that. The bottom line is, ALWAYS ask questions. If the person seems offended or insulted. Don't use his service.

Same here.

OP:

There is more than one reason for the certified repairman. One of them is the fact that the "certified" person will be (one would think) familiar with said product and then..... your situation/comments about you assuming the guy knew what/how to do it, would have been correct.

After all I've said, lol I have a revo and my cue guy is NOT certified to work on revo equipment. So, knowing he isn't in their loop, I did my homework and called predator before taking my revo to my (uncertified by predator) cue guy so "i" would know what to ask/tell my cue guy in case "he didn't know".

I'm not trying to be an a55 but, themselves the facts.

BTW, you are correct, most .... me included at times, have less than perfect reading comprehension while on AZB.....

LOL.... were all good though.

I'm just glad your gonna get taken care of.

Rake

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Same here.

OP:

There is more than one reason for the certified repairman. One of them is the fact that the "certified" person will be (one would think) familiar with said product and then..... your situation/comments about you assuming the guy knew what/how to do it, would have been correct.

After all I've said, lol I have a revo and my cue guy is NOT certified to work on revo equipment. So, knowing he isn't in their loop, I did my homework and called predator before taking my revo to my (uncertified by predator) cue guy so "i" would know what to ask/tell my cue guy in case "he didn't know".

I'm not trying to be an a55 but, themselves the facts.

BTW, you are correct, most .... me included at times, have less than perfect reading comprehension while on AZB.....

LOL.... were all good though.

I'm just glad your gonna get taken care of.

Rake

Thanks. I probably didn't write my posts clear enough.

Last edited:

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i'm a liar and a sadist...

Would you ask your dentist how he plans to fill a cavity? Would you know what questions to ask?

Would you ask/advice how to have your wisdom teeth removed?

Bad Analogy. I'm 58 and diebetic now with a shitty immune system because of it. I would question the hell out of him.
Pick a story and stay with it. I'm trying to keep up. Lol

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw.
I have a customer, had a customer, have a customer again. When Revo first came out. Ask me to change the tip, I've always played with a red fiber pad under my tip and because of doing ivory ferrules, I already knew it was there for a reason. But anyways this customer claimed I put a small nick in the shaft from my collet. You could only see it outside in the sun light. So long story short, he blows a gasket. Send it to Predator repair. They, according to him, buff it out, put a new red pad and tip to satisfy him. He claims it cost 100 and expected me to pay for it. I paid and said I won't work on your stuff any more because if you brought your shaft outside to inspect it, I think the nick was there and you knew about it but didn't say anything. Lol
Then he starts crying that I won't work for him. Lmao
He has a local vendor call me, I said. Hey listen. The guy is always looking for a Go to guy. You do his work. He says. Well, I don't want him as a customer either. Hahaha
Now, I'm doing his work again but I inspect absolutely everything before I touch it. He buys a Revo second hand. The entire tip end is fudged, black and red. He hands it to me for a tip. I bring it home and inspect it. I call him and say, did you notice what you bought! HE SAYS, yes I did. Dishonest *****! Trying again.
I said, send it to Predator repair and make sure you tell them, you bought it 2nd hand and that I didn't do this.
Guys looking for a Go to guy make me sick.
My history with Predator, I was on thier list but got removed because someone there didn't like the truth about copping out or the History of low deflection shafts. They were not the first, a Canadian Cue maker in the 50's was one of the first to hollow out under the ferrule to reduce end mass. Dufferin was one of the first to laminate a shaft. They use to do them flat laminated with red and green veneers. Radial splicing, I'll give Predator credit for that. The mysterious red pad has been around since way before me and my 29 years at this. In fact, an employee of Predator came to Providence to play a tourney. We shot the shit and talked shop a little. He hit with my cue and asked if it was a low d shaft. No it's not. He asked what's up? I said, that little red pad reduces deflection and let's the tip stay in the ball longer. He smiles, I smile and we continue shooting the breeze. This was years before the Revo.
There's a time and place for everything.

newcuer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Btw.
I have a customer, had a customer, have a customer again. When Revo first came out. Ask me to change the tip, I've always played with a red fiber pad under my tip and because of doing ivory ferrules, I already knew it was there for a reason. But anyways this customer claimed I put a small nick in the shaft from my collet. You could only see it outside in the sun light. So long story short, he blows a gasket. Send it to Predator repair. They, according to him, buff it out, put a new red pad and tip to satisfy him. He claims it cost 100 and expected me to pay for it. I paid and said I won't work on your stuff any more because if you brought your shaft outside to inspect it, I think the nick was there and you knew about it but didn't say anything. Lol
Then he starts crying that I won't work for him. Lmao
He has a local vendor call me, I said. Hey listen. The guy is always looking for a Go to guy. You do his work. He says. Well, I don't want him as a customer either. Hahaha
Now, I'm doing his work again but I inspect absolutely everything before I touch it. He buys a Revo second hand. The entire tip end is fudged, black and red. He hands it to me for a tip. I bring it home and inspect it. I call him and say, did you notice what you bought! HE SAYS, yes I did. Dishonest *****! Trying again.
I said, send it to Predator repair and make sure you tell them, you bought it 2nd hand and that I didn't do this.
Guys looking for a Go to guy make me sick.
My history with Predator, I was on thier list but got removed because someone there didn't like the truth about copping out or the History of low deflection shafts. They were not the first, a Canadian Cue maker in the 50's was one of the first to hollow out under the ferrule to reduce end mass. Dufferin was one of the first to laminate a shaft. They use to do them flat laminated with red and green veneers. Radial splicing, I'll give Predator credit for that. The mysterious red pad has been around since way before me and my 29 years at this. In fact, an employee of Predator came to Providence to play a tourney. We shot the shit and talked shop a little. He hit with my cue and asked if it was a low d shaft. No it's not. He asked what's up? I said, that little red pad reduces deflection and let's the tip stay in the ball longer. He smiles, I smile and we continue shooting the breeze. This was years before the Revo.
There's a time and place for everything.

What does this story have anything to do with the situation I described? You are a trip.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What does this story have anything to do with the situation I described? You are a trip.

That was just background BS. You wrote a note to the 2nd guy but not the first. When did 2 repairmen get involved. I'm lost again. I hope the repair works out well. Good luck.

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
I need to bring him down so you can give him a talking, he has no control of swinging the cue no matter how many he broke.

If he's paying for them, then all is good. If not, then there's you answer, make him pay... end of storY!

jshaw

Registered
Looks like he had some super glue on the black vault and had to sand or chemically remove it.
Thanks for the pics.
Better not use super glue in replacing tips for Revo.

Why he removed the red backing, I have no clue.
That was not smart at all.
Unless he removes tips by using robogrips and the pad came off too when he removed the tip.
He should have replaced it right away.
What do they use instead of super glue?

Pete

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's ironic...because my assumption I would get a good response where people would take their time and read the details before offering their opinions is totally similar to my assumption that a cue maker or tip installer would research what is to be done for a particular shaft for a tip change and would not do the tip change if they didn't know how to do it.

But I am stupid twice...

1.) Tip installers (or least the one I went to) will go ahead and do the install even they don't know what they are doing

2.) Some people on a post will not read the details of the post yet can not hold themselves back from commenting.

So my stupidity times two in very similar situations. It must be a guy thing (where we don't read the instructions...I am guy too, so probably guilty as well)

Years back I heard a story of this guy Rocky doing work on a 314. He used a heatgun and melted the foam (so I was told, don't know first hand).

After that story I was glad that I only let one person work on my cues.

Thanks Mike...