Advice needed

Scooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just made an offer and was accepted for an item in the For Sale forum here on AZBilliards. I am a little worried as the seller wants a money order because his paypall account was 'Hacked into'. He has 8 itrader refrences all positive but all for trades or buys. He has asked that I overnight the money order and he will overnight my purchase (kersenbrock shaft) which I would think would be pretty expensive and didn't ask for.

I am probably just being paranoid, but am worried and it is a lot of money to me.

Big Perm

1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Silver Member
I just made an offer and was accepted for an item in the For Sale forum here on AZBilliards. I am a little worried as the seller wants a money order because his paypall account was 'Hacked into'. He has 8 itrader refrences all positive but all for trades or buys. He has asked that I overnight the money order and he will overnight my purchase (kersenbrock shaft) which I would think would be pretty expensive and didn't ask for.

I am probably just being paranoid, but am worried and it is a lot of money to me.

I always use money order or check with trusted buyers on the site.....after a few PM's and maybe a phone call, usually you get a feel for somebody.....I hate paypal.....if they will take one, I actually prefer to pay with a check.....I overnight, tell them to hold it for two weeks, and then they can ship it when they feel comforable the money has cleared...

snipershot

Go ahead.....run for it.
Silver Member
I hate paypal also, but it is one of the safest and easiest ways to pay, and get paid. I have bought stuff using a money order, and it made me a bit nervous also, but if he has 8 positive itrader, and he has been on here a while, you should be ok. However, you should always trust your gut! If it dont feel "right", dont do it.

Joe