Advice on cheap set of balls.

jimmycue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok i finally have my Gold Crown installed and i knew sooner or later my kids wanted to play on it. I have a set of centennials from 1963 that came with my 1963 GC and a newer set. I want to get a set for my kids to use and not worry if something might happen to them while they play. Any advice for a set under $100?
Thanks gang.
 
A set of Aramith Crown Standard balls should fit your needs. The Crown Standard set sells for around $65.

If you want to spend a little more, the Belgian Premier set from Aramith is about $100. Check around for the best price.
 
theres a guy selling 8 sets of aramith balls, with measel ball, for $60/set in the for sale section. Sort of the 'bottom line' aramith, whatever that means, but it might be nice to help a fellow az'er out.
 
Google Vigma pool balls. They are better than Aramith or Brunswick (certaintly rounder via more precision) and are under $100. I have a set myself.
 
Google Vigma pool balls. They are better than Aramith or Brunswick (certaintly rounder via more precision) and are under $100. I have a set myself.

If Vigmas were truly better than Aramith, I think we'd hear about them far more frequently than... once a year. (going on how much time ive spent here and am only now hearing that name)

I'll go research them regardless, but that's a helluva claim right off the bat.

*edit to add* - hahahahaha! okay, i've seen some of these before; but I seriously doubt they're of higher quality of either Aramith or Brunswick. Still - fun for the kiddos; absolutely. Hell, I'd get a set just for the fun factor - if i had my own table.
 
Last edited:
Why can't your kids use the same set? I mean, it's pretty hard to hurt a pool ball.
 
Why can't your kids use the same set? I mean, it's pretty hard to hurt a pool ball.

Once they become air born and im sure they will the walls in my basement are cement with a rough texture that wont be kind to pool balls. So rather then using my vintage or modern centennials i thought a good replaceable ball set would be cheaper in the long run.
 
Wise decision. I'd get the standard Aramith's for 65$. I have a set that I take with me when I'm shooting in a place I know has crap balls. Most notably the Gun Club I'm a member of. An old 8' of some sort with screamin fast cloth. It's free for me to shoot on so I go up there once in a while to do drills. They work just fine and have held up well. They are just good enough to be used by you for regular playing.

Mark Shuman
 
Now if you really want to get some cheap pool balls, look on craiglook (searches craigslist)for your area to see if someone is getting rid of a free pool table and that's about the cheapest you will ever get. Just a thought.
 
Once they become air born and im sure they will the walls in my basement are cement with a rough texture that wont be kind to pool balls. So rather then using my vintage or modern centennials i thought a good replaceable ball set would be cheaper in the long run.

Maybe teach the kids to have some respect for the equipment? Its one thing when the errant ball goes off table from a bad shot....but air borne? it gives me images of them rocketing the balls off table.....

please tell me they aren't pool heathens lol

IMOP (tho I'm not trying to raise your children) if they are purposely flying balls and such then they should not be allowed to play on the table.....

make them appreciate it, and they will appreciate you for it later

-Grey Ghost-
 
Maybe teach the kids to have some respect for the equipment? Its one thing when the errant ball goes off table from a bad shot....but air borne? it gives me images of them rocketing the balls off table.....

please tell me they aren't pool heathens lol

IMOP (tho I'm not trying to raise your children) if they are purposely flying balls and such then they should not be allowed to play on the table.....

make them appreciate it, and they will appreciate you for it later

-Grey Ghost-
I will certainly try to teach them to respect the equipment and how to play properly but i know sh!t happens and when they are 10,13 it happens more then usual.
 
Back
Top