Advise needed...

IJAY

Registered
Hi guys, would anyone know how long would it take normally for a postage of a book sent from USA to get to Australia?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The US no longer offers mail by ship to Australia, so everything goes by air. I would start to worry after 7 days.

OneArmed

the agony of billiards...
Silver Member
It could have gotten held up in Customs also...sometimes that happens. Even with airmail, I usually suggest to my clients that it can take up to 3-4 for weeks for shipments from Australia (although usually considerably shorter).

Packages from Turkiye usually take the same amount of time.

IJAY

Registered
Thank you OneArmed, perhaps that could happen...
In either case I have waited long enough. It has been almost 10 weeks. May be the package somehow has gotten delayed here or there... But the thing is that when I questioned the sender about the delay aproximately after 6 weeks of waiting (I even suggested to do the tracking for him if he gives me the tracking number, to which suggestion he did not respond), he replied assuring me that he'll mail a new package (!?), instead of tracking down the original postage. Very strange. So, when you do the maths, almost 10 weeks since package one has been sent, and 4 weeks since package number 2 was sent.
The person currently is not responding to my private messages either, although I could see he's online at tmes.
What would you guys do if you were in my situation?

Last edited: