AIM MORE ACCURATELY by Finding Your Ideal Personal VISION CENTER Head Position

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think CB hop on the break is mostly this: If the break is hit well with a square hit and good cue speed, the CB will hop because it is unavoidable due to slight downward hit on the CB from the slight cue elevation needed to clear the rail. There is no real advantage in the hop itself. For more info, see:

yes i heard you saying that long time. I just tend to disagree :)

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Do the test and drills in the video. They well give you answers you can trust.

I have this on my list of things to do. I don't have a table at home but as I predicted the last time I played
I fell into my old groove and I hit a few long straight ins and my cut shots went in like butter. I will report
back but it may take me awhile.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I think CB hop on the break is mostly this: If the break is hit well with a square hit and good cue speed, the CB will hop because it is unavoidable due to slight downward hit on the CB from the slight cue elevation needed to clear the rail. There is no real advantage in the hop itself. For more info, see:

In my non-doctorical opinion. It's easier to hop/squat the CB to the center of the table, then it is to do so with draw (no hop). The goal is that center table placement for the next shot.

...so is being able to get the CB in the air after the break advantageous...?.., not in terms of a successful breaking of the balls. However the CB is easier to control (imo) and by extension gets you were you'll want to be with greater ease. How about we say that having the option to perform/control the hop is an advantage.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Watched Buddy play yrs ago and his cb hopped-n-squatted so often it was unreal. If it didn't get by another ball whitey just parked in the middle and 'ol Cecil ran out. A lot.

336Robin

Multiverse Operative
Silver Member
Watched Buddy play yrs ago and his cb hopped-n-squatted so often it was unreal. If it didn't get by another ball whitey just parked in the middle and 'ol Cecil ran out. A lot.

I would bet you could do this too with a little elevation and the right stroke.