Aiming at "Center Pocket"

Do you need to know precisely where center pocket is in order to aim center pocket?

• Total voters

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the posters who answered "No" in the poll, would your answer change if the table's dimensions were not 2:1?

Would you still answer "No" if you were playing on a table that had dimensions say 10' x 4'?

Now you're asking some good questions! I like this. BTW, I did not vote in the poll.

The perspective ratio is probably close to 2:1 on the table. I would be interested if anybody could supply us with a more accurate number. Our visuals are tuned into this changing size of the balls to estimate distance. It would take a certain unknown amount of experience to reestablish the visuals, but I think the super computer would adapt. Results would vary for indvidual abilities.

Without empirical evidence, I'm speaking hypothetically. This a better idea than moving a pocket target. We still have consistent reference from the rail position, etc.

Best,
Mike

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
Dave,
I wasn't going to go but seeing as Vegas is close to Vancouver I might jump down (close by plane and I'm looking for excuse). We almost have enough for 2 "Death Match" teams. I'll bring extra foil so you can make me a custom hat.

Nick

Trying for the 15th thru 19th. Will PM ya when it's locked up. Bring Lou with you too.