Aiming at "Center Pocket"

Do you need to know precisely where center pocket is in order to aim center pocket?

• Total voters

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow... you're gooooood. Like I told you a few times via PM.... if you run into me, don't be shy to try to make a game Mr. Player.

Like I said: this is not about who can beat who.

It is merely an inquiry as to whether there is more to the depth and breath of your pool experience than playing on your home table and sitting behind your keyboard.

It looking like.... you got nothin'.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Geez lou....just look at my player profile. The entry there shows me tied with Busty, finishin better than a former u.s. open champ, and behind Reyes/Hopkins. I won a $1000 8ball event 3/4 times I played in it. None of that matters. Countless other wins. Big deal. Your past doesn't help you win tomorrow's set - ever.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Itsnotme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aiming is way overrated! Just smash the goddamn thing! And if you dont make it--shoot again! If your opponent complains, whack him/her with your cue and say, 'sit down'.... It's soo nice being a big 6 and a half foot 265 pound rock solid guy :) god I love it! Big boys rule this world :wink:

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
Let's meet--- throw a bed sheet over the entire table--- and we'll see who makes more balls. Then, we'll see who's idiotic.

You.....still.....know.....where....the......pocket....is!!!!!

I am not sure how much more clear I can tell you this. Please read it close, try to comprehend.

ThePoliteSniper

Fruitshop Owner
Silver Member
You may THINK you know where the pocket is, but I'd be very surprised if you actually did! Here's a little test for you- Get a sheet of clear plexiglass that you can draw on. Put a sheet behind it so you can't see through it. Then put it on the table sideways about at the headstring. You stand in the kitchen, and draw on the plexiglass where the pocket is. Then remove the sheet. I'm sure you will draw the pocket in the wrong place, let alone know precisely where the center of the pocket is.

And if you don't happen to have a sheet of plexiglass, give this drill a try:

CueTable Help

Shoot all 16 balls quickly (don't reset for every ball, just move over and shoot) into a corner pocket while looking down at the head string so that the pocket is not in sight. The only things you see are your cue and the balls. How many balls do you miss?
A friend of mine loves this drill, saying it is supposed to burn the location of the pockets into your mind. According to him, he can make 16/16 pretty consistently. I don't know how difficult this is, but I will try it the next time I'm at a pool table.
Of course it's trust-based. But if you take a peek at the pocket while shooting, you are only fooling yourself.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And if you don't happen to have a sheet of plexiglass, give this drill a try:

CueTable Help

Shoot all 16 balls quickly (don't reset for every ball, just move over and shoot) into a corner pocket while looking down at the head string so that the pocket is not in sight. The only things you see are your cue and the balls. How many balls do you miss?
A friend of mine loves this drill, saying it is supposed to burn the location of the pockets into your mind. According to him, he can make 16/16 pretty consistently. I don't know how difficult this is, but I will try it the next time I'm at a pool table.
Of course it's trust-based. But if you take a peek at the pocket while shooting, you are only fooling yourself.

Even if you reset yourself without looking at the pocket would be interesting. You're not using a system. Just intuition. I can see where it could possibly give the player some feedback.

Best,
Mike

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the posters who answered "No" in the poll, would your answer change if the table's dimensions were not 2:1?

Would you still answer "No" if you were playing on a table that had dimensions say 10' x 4'?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Geez lou....just look at my player profile. The entry there shows me tied with Busty, finishin better than a former u.s. open champ, and behind Reyes/Hopkins. I won a $1000 8ball event 3/4 times I played in it. None of that matters. Countless other wins. Big deal. Your past doesn't help you win tomorrow's set - ever.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

OK, so looking at your player profile I saw a 17th in a PA 9ball event....

So what it boils down to is that have nothing -- you're the home rec room player who likes to run his mouth, particularly on the subject of aiming. CTE would appear to be the one thing you cling to because you so want to be recognized for something -- anything -- when it comes to pool. You play on your home table, make you stupid videos, and then get behind your keyboard and speak as an authority when in fact you have no experience in the real world of pool. Basically you are a no credentials lout who likes to mock people whose cue case you are not deserving of carrying -- Dave Segal revealed.

What a joke.

Lou Figueroa

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

So what it boils down to is that have nothing -- you're the home rec room player who likes to run his mouth, particularly on the subject of aiming. CTE would appear to be the one thing you cling to because you so want to be recognized for something -- anything -- when it comes to pool. You play on your home table, make you stupid videos, and then get behind your keyboard and speak as an authority when in fact you have no experience in the real world of pool. Basically you are a no credentials lout who likes to mock people whose cue case you are not deserving of carrying -- Dave Segal revealed.

What a joke.

Lou Figueroa
I frankly don't understand this pissing contest between you two (prolly carried over from another thread), but 99% of the posters on AZB are "no credentials louts". Should that disqualify any of us from posting our opinions?

And if you want to further derail this thread, you could at least take the time and vote in the poll. If not, take it back to the thread where this pissing contest started.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I frankly don't understand this pissing contest between you two (prolly carried over from another thread), but 99% of the posters on AZB are "no credentials louts". Should that disqualify any of us from posting our opinions?

And if you want to further derail this thread, you could at least take the time and vote in the poll. If not, take it back to the thread where this pissing contest started.

I apologize for the hijack. That's my fault. Frankly I believe everyone at every level of experience has something to contribute to these discussions and should be welcomed to participate.

I just finally felt curious about what the basis was for the implied authority with which Segal speaks, mostly on CTE, but other topics as well. I don't care if you're a home rec room player -- that individual should have a seat at the table. But that does not give you an automatic pass to speak as an authority, nor mock the opinion of far more accomplished and experienced players. Now that I (and the rest of us) know that Dave Segal has no real world pool/experience to speak of, that can be taken into consideration when deciding how much credibility you want to assign his comments. That's all.

My apologies once again. Carry on.

Lou Figueroa

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

What a joke.

Lou Figueroa

Yeah - and that PA event had some of the very best players on earth in it. If you take the "hall of fame legends" out of the mix, I finished alright and that was over a decade ago.

Earth to Lou--- no one in the pool world has a CLUE of who you are outside of the forums either. For some reason you're going down this track where you think you've won everything under the sun and I've never won a thing --- trying to convince readers you're a somebody.

Every major tournament I've seen you at -- you've either gone 2 and out or 3 and out.

I'll bet you $5000 we can randomly choose a pool room in America and randomly select 10 players and ask if they know Lou Figueroa and nobody will have a clue.

You're right... I'm a basement player now. I don't travel around anymore because of my job and my girlfriend. However, I've told you countless times.... this basement player will play ya, so don't be shy.

Shit, John Barton even tore you up.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I apologize for the hijack. That's my fault. Frankly I believe everyone at every level of experience has something to contribute to these discussions and should be welcomed to participate.

I just finally felt curious about what the basis was for the implied authority with which Segal speaks, mostly on CTE, but other topics as well. I don't care if you're a home rec room player -- that individual should have a seat at the table. But that does not give you an automatic pass to speak as an authority, nor mock the opinion of far more accomplished and experienced players. Now that I (and the rest of us) know that Dave Segal has no real world pool/experience to speak of, that can be taken into consideration when deciding how much credibility you want to assign his comments. That's all.

My apologies once again. Carry on.

Lou Figueroa

Imagine how embarrassing it'd be to lose to me--- some hack with zero experience. Since you were so matter of fact on banking techniques-- would love to play you in some bank pool, mr. 1-hole. I'd play you some banks on the live stream.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah - and that PA event had some of the very best players on earth in it. If you take the "hall of fame legends" out of the mix, I finished alright and that was over a decade ago.

Earth to Lou--- no one in the pool world has a CLUE of who you are outside of the forums either. For some reason you're going down this track where you think you've won everything under the sun and I've never won a thing --- trying to convince readers you're a somebody.

Every major tournament I've seen you at -- you've either gone 2 and out or 3 and out.

I'll bet you $5000 we can randomly choose a pool room in America and randomly select 10 players and ask if they know Lou Figueroa and nobody will have a clue.

You're right... I'm a basement player now. I don't travel around anymore because of my job and my girlfriend. However, I've told you countless times.... this basement player will play ya, so don't be shy.

OK, I'm probably the only person on the planet who has played Dave, Lou, AND John Barton.

For the record, Dave, John, and I all play at more-or-less the same speed.

And Lou plays quite a bit stronger.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
OK, I'm probably the only person on the planet who has played Dave, Lou, AND John Barton.

For the record, Dave, John, and I all play at more-or-less the same speed.

And Lou plays quite a bit stronger.

I think I can spot you 10-5 in bank pool. I'd give Lou a try.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't think I've won anything. As I repeatedly pointed out: I was just inquiring as to what events you've played in and anything you've participated in in the pool world. Funny though how you can make it out to Vegas and hang around for days talking about CTE but can't get into the events themselves to play. And just for the record: John beat me 2-3 and then refused to play me in the finals when I came up through the left side. How that translates into "tore you up" I have no idea.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Imagine how embarrassing it'd be to lose to me--- some hack with zero experience. Since you were so matter of fact on banking techniques-- would love to play you in some bank pool, mr. 1-hole. I'd play you some banks on the live stream.

lol, you're channeling John now.

Or does he just have his hand up your butt and making your mouth move like a puppet?

Lou Figueroa