aiming systems and Digicue

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question will using an aiming system like ProOne CTE cause Digicue to vibrate? Seems like it might if you are lining up one spot on the cue for the practice strokes then hitting center ball on the follow through.

Jeff Rosen

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most people who think they have an aiming problem just think it's their aiming when it's really their stroke.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Most people who think they have an aiming problem just think it's their aiming when it's really their stroke.

I agree with you and believe that CTE is not much more than a perception. It is all about how you see the shot. If you do not see the shot accurately then you cannot possibly pot the ball repeatedly even if you have a perfect stroke.

Honestly I think the fundamentals of stance and stroke are the key to playing well. I also believe that ghost ball may not be the most reliable system for aiming for everyone despite their level of experience.

None of this really matters though as I really just wanted to know if the Digicue would work accurately if a player uses CTE.

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be fine. I think the digicue senses whatever happens after initial contact with the cueball.

Also with Pro One, you should be stroking straight through your initial alignment anyways.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quick question will using an aiming system like ProOne CTE cause Digicue to vibrate? Seems like it might if you are lining up one spot on the cue for the practice strokes then hitting center ball on the follow through.

If you are lining up to one spot for practice strokes and then hitting another spot on your final stroke, your for sure aren't using CTE/Pro 1.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

You don't line up at one position for practice strokes and then go to center ball on the strike.

You get into position while standing up and go down to the cue ball at center ball. You then stroke straight through the center.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Too broad. People often don't realize when they have aimed wrong. Sometimes the wrong aim results in a crooked stroke as the subconscious tries to steer the cueball towards the right shot line. And other times a player is aimed correctly but does indeed have a bad stroke which steers the cue ball away from the aiming line.

A good objective aiming system at least takes the question of being aimed right out of the process. Then one can focus on the stroke.

Kevin3824

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you John. I originally asked the question because I was planning on purchasing both ( the digicue and, the pro one discs) in the near future. I have been watching a lot of videos on the subject of aiming systems and may have gotten confused with a different aiming system. I do remember seeing a system online that appeared to be starting out the practice strokes to the one side of center based upon the shot they were taking then shooting center ball.

As long as your shooting straight through on the original target I cannot see how either product will negatively impact the results.

nataddrho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Kevin,

No. The aiming system you use does not affect the DigiCue in any way. The only thing the DigiCue cares about is that you stroke straight along your stroking line. It doesn't know anything about your aiming line. (For example, I pivot when I apply English, and my cue is always pointed off in some direction other than the aiming line on most shots since I almost always use spin).

This is a good thing. The reason it is good is because when you miss a ball, you can identify whether the miss occurred because of an aiming error, or a stroke error. It helps you narrow down what you should blame, and hopefully relieves your frustration when practicing.

I've always thought that players are much better at aiming then they think, and their stroke ends up sabotaging them and they never realize it.

I'm the inventor so if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

Nate